News   About   FAQ   Statistics   Player Options   Downloads   Gallery   Forums   Donate   Wiki   Staff   Jobs   Links   Contact Us

Go Back   Sundren Forums > Neverwinter Nights 2 > Neverwinter Nights 2 General Discussion
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Neverwinter Nights 2 General Discussion General Discussion about Obsidian's Neverwinter Nights 2.

Subforum: NWN2 Scripting

Welcome to the Sundren Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 02-18-2016
Hero

Redjack has a brilliant futureRedjack has a brilliant futureRedjack has a brilliant futureRedjack has a brilliant futureRedjack has a brilliant futureRedjack has a brilliant futureRedjack has a brilliant futureRedjack has a brilliant future
Multiplayer tech question

I have been using the Clientextention to try and create a multiplayer game for me and my son. We can join a "Lan game" together just fine.
When I try to create a multiplayer game under the old gamespy multiplayer menus I can't seem to do it. In the past I have played with my brother in this fashion. Just create a game under "action" or "story", password protect it and we could play over the internet. With the Clientextention I can see all the server games under role playing or social, but am unable to create a multiplayer game myself.
It has been a few years since I have done this. Am I confused? Or what am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Old 04-21-2016
Developer

Kitsunestume has a brilliant futureKitsunestume has a brilliant futureKitsunestume has a brilliant futureKitsunestume has a brilliant futureKitsunestume has a brilliant futureKitsunestume has a brilliant futureKitsunestume has a brilliant futureKitsunestume has a brilliant futureKitsunestume has a brilliant futureKitsunestume has a brilliant futureKitsunestume has a brilliant future
Might be a few months late for this, but part of the issue stems from how the list is populated. You are doing it right, but the underlying systems themselves have actually changed.

Before, the old Gamespy systems were talking to any client or server that went into the internet multiplayer menu and making the games available to and visible from the internet.

Those got shut down when Gamespy collapsed and are replaced somewhat by the Client extender, but it is doing a different job. The Client Extender is actually referring to a list of known NWN2 servers, as hosted by NWNList Scry, and showing those in the appropriate server lists. Actually adding a game to them would require either basically setting up your own NWN2 server with xp_bugfix and the integration modules, or manually sending NWNList an email, both of which are overkill for a casual game.

If you want to use a private NWN2 game over internet, it might be a valid concern to check into a VPN and treat it like a LAN game on the right port. Alternatively, check into a bootstrap that can set up the game for you like Gameranger, which supports NWN1 but I'm not sure about NWN2.
Old 04-22-2016
Legendary Hero

Thief Of Navarre is a name known to allThief Of Navarre is a name known to allThief Of Navarre is a name known to allThief Of Navarre is a name known to allThief Of Navarre is a name known to allThief Of Navarre is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsunestume View Post
Might be a few months late for this, but part of the issue stems from how the list is populated. You are doing it right, but the underlying systems themselves have actually changed.

Before, the old Gamespy systems were talking to any client or server that went into the internet multiplayer menu and making the games available to and visible from the internet.

Those got shut down when Gamespy collapsed and are replaced somewhat by the Client extender, but it is doing a different job. The Client Extender is actually referring to a list of known NWN2 servers, as hosted by NWNList Scry, and showing those in the appropriate server lists. Actually adding a game to them would require either basically setting up your own NWN2 server with xp_bugfix and the integration modules, or manually sending NWNList an email, both of which are overkill for a casual game.

If you want to use a private NWN2 game over internet, it might be a valid concern to check into a VPN and treat it like a LAN game on the right port. Alternatively, check into a bootstrap that can set up the game for you like Gameranger, which supports NWN1 but I'm not sure about NWN2.

Neverwinter Nights works 'barely' on gameranger. Took me and a friend seven and a half hours to get a game working. It doesn't currently support 2