News   About   FAQ   Statistics   Player Options   Downloads   Gallery   Forums   Donate   Wiki   Staff   Jobs   Links   Contact Us

Go Back   Sundren Forums > Sundren Community > Off-Topic
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Talk about whatever.

Welcome to the Sundren Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 06-04-2008
Commoner

Horf will become famous soon enough
Didn't play "much" online to NWN and NWN2, but planning to do so ;

NWN - Astoria, mostly
NWN2 - Sundren? Just a bit of Moonlight and Shadows
Old 06-18-2008
Commoner

DrunkenKender will become famous soon enough
NWN - I played on many servers, but the most recent would be Myth Drannor and Cormyr & the Dalelands where I played as Teveriel Oussea'lylth, a Sun Elf Duskblade. Which I noticed has been "borrowed," coincidentally or not, for a current player here's backstory. *cough* >.>
Old 06-18-2008
Hero

nickbeat will become famous soon enough
Used to play on Divided Kingdoms, great server.

I life in San Francisco in real life.
Old 06-18-2008
Adventurer

omniscientist will become famous soon enough
I must admit, Sundren is my first NWN RP experience, so, guess I was born here!

I live in Minneapolis in that other life.

Proud Owner of a Closed Greeting Thread
Old 11-17-2008
Legendary Hero

Urithrand is a glorious beacon of lightUrithrand is a glorious beacon of lightUrithrand is a glorious beacon of lightUrithrand is a glorious beacon of lightUrithrand is a glorious beacon of light
Same, Sundren was my first and only server. I tried a couple of others to compare, and there was just nothing to compare. I never got past a couple of hours on any other server, it's Sundren all the way for me.

I'm an elf in RL who hails from the High Forest... wait... hang on, oh you mean that real life... in that case I'm a purebred Brit, living in a backwater place on the extreme east coast that no-one's ever heard of.

"If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly."
Old 11-17-2008
Nobility

JuneyGnomey is a jewel in the roughJuneyGnomey is a jewel in the roughJuneyGnomey is a jewel in the rough
NWN1 style, I'm from Battledale. Afaik there aren't any other BD vets here.

I've only played Sundren on NWN2.

In RL I'm English. I drink tea, drive on the left and talk like a 19th Century chimney sweep. Guv'nor.

Juney's Super-Sparkly Triple-New theme tune:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC9Kc-p2xxw#t=0m22s

Last edited by JuneyGnomey; 11-17-2008 at 08:01 AM. Reason: forgot to mention my englishness. tally-ho!
Old 11-17-2008
Commoner

Brax will become famous soon enough
NWN: I don't quite remember the name of the server, but it was a Lord of the Rings theme. You basically chose sides at the beginning...free peoples of middle earth or sauron...I thought it was a very cool server..pvp and all....anyone remember the name of it?...I can't.

NWN2: Sundren and Necrosis.
I like the difficulty of Necrosis...but...I think the DM interaction with players on Sundren is better. I get a feel on Necrosis that the DM's there are a bit biased toward certain players...and it kinda forces you to interact with those players if you expect to enjoy a cool DM event. Fortunately..for that..there is Sundren..without a doubt I have had the most fun on NWN2 on this server. You never know when you will walk into a DM event while in Sundren...Regardless if your a new player or someone a bit long in the tooth...there is a feeling of encouragement I get to participate from the DM events held....I enjoy the different servers on NWN2..but I endorse Sundren!
Old 11-17-2008
Nobility

c2k will become famous soon enough
NWN1, the original "The Silver Marches"(which no longer exists), Wanderers of the Western Heartlands, and Wheel of Time: 3rd Age. There may be more, but I forget.

NWN2, Played on The Forgotten Realm for a bit, played on Dasaria as well, and of course Sundren, the PW I currently play on.
Old 11-17-2008
Adventurer

MithrilBlade will become famous soon enough
I started playing NWN1 when it first came out in Finland in -02 (god that's long time ago) and I've basically played the game regularily until the present day.

The main servers where I played NWN1 were:
Myth Drannor - Several chars including Fifur, the king of dwarven faction and citadel that I built myself for the server and Legebriel'dleth, a drow mage who was the leader of a mage guild, which I also built myself.
Forgotten Realms Cormyr - A monk Jann Thensbane, who with his mentor found a massive faction of knights.
Astoria Legacy - Primarily Cel'vél Gil'Fang, the founder of elven faction of Shyrahn, a treetop village that I yet again, built myself (also whom was the father of Calewyn story-wise).
The North (I hope that was the name) - Ledír Symbaern, near-epic elven mage who also continued his existance in NWN2 server TFR.

In addition to this I have played and DM'ed several campaigns with some of my friends.

In NWN2 I've played in TFR, but I didn't like the WoW-style of playing, so I decided to give a try to the server whom most of the people from ordinary players to even DMs so much disliked due "enforced rules" and whatnot.

The server was of course Sundren and I must say that I haven't regret coming here, for it represents the last refuge of proper FR roleplaying-server (pure RP, not just action/RP).
Old 11-17-2008
Hero

Product of Void has a spectacular aura aboutProduct of Void has a spectacular aura about
hmmm...

Well Product of void is a new forum id had a previous one when I played nwn1.

First server Aventia it was a hack/slash server like diablo utterly nuts yet intrsting.
First RP server Glorwing were I made some good friends and found my RL wife.
Played Dawn of new magics and saw crafting system, started scripting and building areas and did a little dming.
Then went to Amia.

in nwn2

The forgotten realms played an old charactor from nwn1 and started an evil secertive guild with a buddy. Also got to play a counciler of a town and other intresting things.

Now at Sundren. place is pretty and well built, staff helpful, and dms make it fun (unlike a few other servers make it tedious or annoying). No underdark races and no cybering. All perks in my book.

Ashinet Clavin Shiv Shadowsong