News   About   FAQ   Statistics   Player Options   Downloads   Gallery   Forums   Donate   Wiki   Staff   Jobs   Links   Contact Us

Go Back   Sundren Forums > Sundren Community > Off-Topic
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Talk about whatever.

Welcome to the Sundren Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 05-18-2008
Legendary Hero

Kaeldorn is a name known to allKaeldorn is a name known to allKaeldorn is a name known to allKaeldorn is a name known to allKaeldorn is a name known to allKaeldorn is a name known to all
NWN1: City of Arabel, not much else in terms of RP servers. Played on one PvP arena server for a long time as well though, but can't recall the name.

NWN2: Midgard Saga for a while. Now Sundren.
Old 05-18-2008
Hero

Lothoir is a glorious beacon of lightLothoir is a glorious beacon of lightLothoir is a glorious beacon of lightLothoir is a glorious beacon of lightLothoir is a glorious beacon of light
NWN1: Started at the Red Dragon Inn...or Dancing Dragon Inn..a 4 area localvault RP server. Moved on to Cormyrian Prophesies which was one of the greatest servers I have ever played on. The entire server was maintained by Natfka who did absolutely amazing things with the NWN1 tileset system and created one of the most beautiful worlds I have ever seen. But then real life tied me up for a few months and in the interim the server went down, but I could go on for hours of how much I loved that server. I then found Arion and had a good romp there before NWN2 came out and visited quite a few servers before settling down to Sundren.
Old 05-18-2008
Commoner

Perpetual Myth will become famous soon enough
NWN1 - I don't think I could even remember them all if I tried. I started on a server called The Three Kingdoms (3KDS) years ago. I'd had a few PNP games before then but this was to be my real trial by fire to the DND ruleset, if not FR roleplaying as I've come to know it. To this day I think 3kds gave me the most fun I've had.

Tried another server here and it was either the city of Arabel, Arandach or something that sounded like that. The server was based around one city with a vampire infestation and being allowed to play as a vampire had me in rapture for the few months I was there, but eventually I got fed up of both sides of the conflict fraternising instead of working against each other. Same as a load of other server the players who want to walk around msn-ing in bikinis just made me unable to stomach the setting as it had become.

After that I bummed around a few other servers before coming to Estium. Not FR but still probably one of the most hardcore roleplaying experiences I've had, to the point where it was so difficult it started losing the fun at one point for me. I fell in love with Estium though because if someone was halfnaked outside more or less everyone would be surprised IC because of the cold. Realism was taken to a level where it was almost anal, but because it was so consistent it never seemed like a chore.

Eventually left because of arguments between me and a bad DM. Tried Bruehawk on a few people's recomendations for a bit but I didn't get on with the server. I went through a load of servers dabbling (a week here, two weeks there) for a few months and then gave NWN a serious break.

I played on FRC early in its life and then had to quit, then came back to it afterwards. I didn't like how the server had changed so I didn't stick around the second time.

Played on FR Rashemen after that and had some of the best DMed quests I'd ever come across under the carefull and considerate hand of DM Edin Sumar. He gave way too much xp but to be honest, there were about 8 regular players in our timezone and it became more like pnp in that he was OUR dm and he ran the entire world around the one group. Everyone new was ALWAYS included but no one ever stuck around for whatever reason.

I played on the Lost Dale for a few months after that, carving a path for my Malarite halfling barbarian with what must have been the bluntest axe of all time Eventually the lack of players chased me out of the Lost Dale. Its been the same ever since with NWN1.

The last NWN1 server I spent any real time in was FR Moonsea and the Dalelands and I can say without a doubt that it is the best built server I've ever seen. Fully working factions, appropriate layout and keeping to the FR sourcebooks without being nazis and sacrificing gameplay for accuracy. The only problem was that I saw about 3 other players in the months I was there (appart from the odd 1timer who would drop in, die in the starting area because they were alone and then log out forever).

I have to say that so far NWN2 hasn't been much better. Most of the servers seem to be crap (forgotten realm) or have a different magic level/xp level to what I enjoy playing on most. The ones that I've seen that are low magic/level are invariably empty for most of the week. I've only had about an hours worth of play on Sundren so far and what I saw was great. Can't wait to give it more of a chance.
Old 05-18-2008
Adventurer

Caspian will become famous soon enough
No way! Ha! Do you know how many times I was mistaken for you?! I played Amber Rose there as well. I must have gotten to the server a couple months after you left. Everyone kept sending me tells and I was a bit confused at all the attention. Yeah, a wild coincidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharringtonm View Post
Some of us Old Nightmist players have noticed this.. Caspian? Who were you there? Cause I played the PC named Amber Rose there.
Old 05-18-2008
Legendary Hero

rustediron has a spectacular aura aboutrustediron has a spectacular aura about
NWN1: Didn't play mulitplayer, unfortunately
NWN2: MidgardSaga, while it was still populated, and Abyssya.
Old 05-19-2008
Adventurer

Wyld Rose will become famous soon enough
NWN1: Battledale
NWN2: Moonsea Adventures, Sundren
He'll always be Alberta's child"
-Ian Tyson
Old 05-19-2008
Hero

Verrath is a glorious beacon of lightVerrath is a glorious beacon of lightVerrath is a glorious beacon of lightVerrath is a glorious beacon of lightVerrath is a glorious beacon of light
NWN: Wheel Of Time (The Third Age) - Roleplay Server based on the series by the same name by Robert Jordan. Played there for over two years. Sadly, it died, after having been online, I think, the better part of 5 years, so I went looking and found:

NWN2 - Sundren.
Yolanda Brown - If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. But unless life also gives you water and sugar, your lemonade is going to suck.
Astrid Hammerhand - Och!
Old 05-19-2008
Commoner

wannabe_irish will become famous soon enough
NWN 1: Narfell, played such characters as Yolanda, Mark Kelben and Ridian Anserlon. Also DMed there for a short time until OOC issues with another player drove me away (which was sad, because her and I were great friends before that, and are once more, now)

Ravenloft: Prisoners of the Mist, I played there when I gave up on Narfell, my character there was named Aelfin Midhel, too.

NWN2: Sundren

Aelfin Midhel - Nobody's Hero
Old 05-19-2008
Adventurer

Cade will become famous soon enough
Kentucky....

Sundren
Old 05-19-2008
Legendary Hero

Lanemeyer is a glorious beacon of lightLanemeyer is a glorious beacon of lightLanemeyer is a glorious beacon of lightLanemeyer is a glorious beacon of lightLanemeyer is a glorious beacon of light
NWN - never played

NWN2 - Sundren, Moonlight and Shadows (when Sundren went down for about... 1 month?), Midgard Saga (I hated :P), TFR (I played there for a while because of the drow hardcore style) and then Sundren again (because I never REALLY left :P)