News   About   FAQ   Statistics   Player Options   Downloads   Gallery   Forums   Donate   Wiki   Staff   Jobs   Links   Contact Us

Go Back   Sundren Forums > Sundren Community > Off-Topic
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Talk about whatever.

Welcome to the Sundren Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 12-21-2015
Nobility

MyNameIsDave is a jewel in the roughMyNameIsDave is a jewel in the roughMyNameIsDave is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsunestume View Post
I'll only link one spoiler, until everyone else has seen the movie to discuss.
http://media.boingboing.net/wp-conte...12/7xc3hat.jpg

Oh, you.
Ronus Stonewall - Dwarven Pathfinder - Drunken Scout of Whurest
Old 12-22-2015
Nobility

greypawn has much to be proud ofgreypawn has much to be proud ofgreypawn has much to be proud ofgreypawn has much to be proud ofgreypawn has much to be proud ofgreypawn has much to be proud ofgreypawn has much to be proud ofgreypawn has much to be proud of
They had a handful of gold star concepts and a couple bad concepts, imo. Poor writing and execution at certain points might irk some people who aren't blinded by their own Star Wars fandom. They needed more build up and subtlety to a few things such as revealing the new Darth baddie's background.

Mark Hamill looked bad ass.

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Old 12-23-2015
Nobility

Sparkie has much to be proud ofSparkie has much to be proud ofSparkie has much to be proud ofSparkie has much to be proud ofSparkie has much to be proud ofSparkie has much to be proud ofSparkie has much to be proud ofSparkie has much to be proud of
Just saw this today, and I've got to say that I was quite pleased, and I'd agree with most people on here about it. I think that one thing that made it good in my books is that it's a simple story well told, which is exactly what it needed to be. Definitely gonna see the sequel.
Old 12-24-2015
Developer

Saulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond repute
I want Mark Hamill to do the joker voice when speaking as Luke.
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin
Old 12-25-2015
Nobility

Requiem is a jewel in the roughRequiem is a jewel in the roughRequiem is a jewel in the rough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g708PmJAbuI

No spoilers.
Old 12-25-2015
Adventurer

Rekov is a glorious beacon of lightRekov is a glorious beacon of lightRekov is a glorious beacon of lightRekov is a glorious beacon of lightRekov is a glorious beacon of light
Max Landis was right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpS6TlqgLIQ (spoilers)

That said, I really liked the movie despite just a touch too much pandering and fan service. The real test will be Episode 8. They need to not Star Trek Into Darkness it. Rian Johnson seems like the man for the job though, given Brick and Looper.
Old 12-25-2015
Administrator

Doubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond repute
I dunno, I thought Cumberbatch captured the essence of ST:OTS; strangely paced dialogue and a scenery chewing performance.
Old 12-25-2015
Legendary Hero

Kasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant future
I feel like star trek was being groomed to be more of an epic from the beginning.

Episode VII feels like it focuses much more on the key character's and actually works to push back the sequels from becoming becoming some giant political opera/war story. This movie felt like it was trying to grab our attention, and show us that it wasn't going to be like the prequel's, that they were giving it an honest go. As Rekov said, they have our attention now, lets see where they go with it.

Adding more now that I've had a chance to watch it without a tremendous headache; I like the direction they went with Finn and Rey. Finn came off as the more relateable character, since I feel like they tried too hard with Rey to make her a strong female character, she almost became mary-sueish. Overall though I liked them.

And finally before I go to rejoin family; I'm very pleased that this movie is a gross success with lots of positive reviews, as it shows that a sci-fi movie can be successful without building the entire universe out of CGI and just filming actor's infront of green-screens.

Formerly
Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8