News   About   FAQ   Statistics   Player Options   Downloads   Gallery   Forums   Donate   Wiki   Staff   Jobs   Links   Contact Us

Go Back   Sundren Forums > Sundren Community > Off-Topic
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Talk about whatever.

Welcome to the Sundren Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 11-16-2015
Nobility

Nyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubtful View Post
Bethsoft are much, much better and marketing and hype than they are at producing a good product.
I echo everything in your post. Bethesda has been banking on hype to carry their products ever since they kept a stranglehold on all non-CGI and gameplay media for Elder Scrolls Online before its release, as if they were embarrassed to deliver clips of the game's core content without it being pre-rendered. I used to have faith in the company, but I can't buy into the hype-mongering anymore.

Fallout 4 is still using the same broken and unwieldy Creation Engine from Morrowind's base, which goes to show they're more willing to shell out the cash on marketing and hiring voice actors instead of making something remotely stable from the ground up. It will be another layer of hell for modders to work with --- the return of layering scripts in custom content until your save files are bloated to unplayability --- and it will never hold a candle to Witcher 3's godly engine in terms of general stability.

Just as New Vegas was for Fallout 3, I hope Obsidian Entertainment get their hands on the IP long enough to make something relatively stable by comparison. Otherwise, the modding community will be working overtime to fix Bethesda's mess for the next year.
Old 11-16-2015
Hero

Dragor has much to be proud ofDragor has much to be proud ofDragor has much to be proud ofDragor has much to be proud ofDragor has much to be proud ofDragor has much to be proud ofDragor has much to be proud ofDragor has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssis View Post
I hope Obsidian Entertainment get their hands on the IP long enough to make something relatively stable by comparison.
There was a day I never thought I'd see this sentence.

Learn things:http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Old 11-16-2015
Developer

Saulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah there is so much irony in thinking Obsidian will make a more stable game. OE's programmers are terrible by comparison.

Most FO4 issues are because it has heavy system requirements. It's not really surprising it performs rather well (I struggle to think of more than 1 bug I've noticed) on my system, but I also have a GTX 980.

The criticism on the graphics is fair, though I still think they are rather good especially when it goes to exterior environments. The textures are a little bland up close (just waiting for that first texture pack).
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin