News   About   FAQ   Statistics   Player Options   Downloads   Gallery   Forums   Donate   Wiki   Staff   Jobs   Links   Contact Us

Go Back   Sundren Forums > Sundren Community > Off-Topic
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Talk about whatever.

Welcome to the Sundren Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 11-11-2015
Hero

Mournas is a splendid one to beholdMournas is a splendid one to beholdMournas is a splendid one to beholdMournas is a splendid one to beholdMournas is a splendid one to beholdMournas is a splendid one to beholdMournas is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulus View Post
I've spent all my time modifying my power armor. It's awesome the customization.

Jumping off a building and landing on the ground like Thor's hammer, gibbing raiders into little bits is very appealing.
The Pain Train Feat ... THE PAIN TRAIN FEAT! <3
Old 11-14-2015
Nobility

gamestarmike is a splendid one to beholdgamestarmike is a splendid one to beholdgamestarmike is a splendid one to beholdgamestarmike is a splendid one to beholdgamestarmike is a splendid one to beholdgamestarmike is a splendid one to beholdgamestarmike is a splendid one to behold
I can't get enough of this game

Old 11-14-2015
Administrator

Doubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond repute
Ended up ragequitting the toolset today so thought fuck it, see what all the fuss is about.

First impressions...

Fallout is a great franchise and I love the shit out of it. It was the first game I ever bought a new PC for, I got to play the demo on a friends PC and had to save like crap in order to afford a new Pentium PC just so I could play Fallout - My old 486DX just couldn't run it.

To put it mildly, I'm a fanboy. I've still got the CDs for both the original games and Fallout Tactics (hairy deathclaws?) and still play the shit out of them when bored. If there were two games that I'd drop every other priority and go work on content for it'd be Fallout, or XCom (TFTD, I heart you so very much).

So, Fallout 4.. Yeah. Great IP behind it.

Shame the game is an ugly looking, badly performing, bug ridden, RPG-lite tediumathon.

The Post apocalyptic Sims meets Minecraft (but uglier), strips out even more RPG elements than the last two Bethsoft predecessors and tries to be an FPS (in much the same way as my 6 month old tries to speak Shakespeare by making burbly sounds and dribbling).

Bethsoft. You're a sack of cunts and you've managed to make a lot of money by fucking up some great IP.
Old 11-14-2015
Nobility

jarlexel is a jewel in the roughjarlexel is a jewel in the roughjarlexel is a jewel in the rough
I enjoyed the first XCom more then terror from the deep, you didn't have to worry so much about the mind control from the start. Had all these soldiers in my sub who can't shoot straight, carry weight nor throw gernades but hell they have strong will power and not getting charmed.
Old 11-14-2015
Developer

Saulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond repute
Wow Doubt. How do you really feel? LOL. Sounds like you might be at risk of becoming an old man.

Honestly? It's pretty RPGish still, I'm glad they called up Id and asked how to make good gunplay, it totally outclasses Fallout 3/ New Vegas in terms of impact and animation.

I'll post some screens, I agree up close a lot of textures are somewhat lacking, but the vistas in the game are rather good.
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin
Old 11-15-2015
Hero

Farmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant future
I ragequit fallout 3 beacuse it had so few qeusts, so few npc, and soooo much wasteland where those bears could charge you miles away. Fallout is dead as an RPG.
Old 11-15-2015
Nobility

gamestarmike is a splendid one to beholdgamestarmike is a splendid one to beholdgamestarmike is a splendid one to beholdgamestarmike is a splendid one to beholdgamestarmike is a splendid one to beholdgamestarmike is a splendid one to beholdgamestarmike is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboy2003 View Post
I ragequit fallout 3 beacuse it had so few qeusts, so few npc, and soooo much wasteland where those bears could charge you miles away. Fallout is dead as an RPG.
There's 106 quests in the game. Don't run in a straight line through story and actually explore the wasteland and you should be fine next time you play.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_quests

Old 11-15-2015
Legendary Hero

Kasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant future
I haven't played it much, but I am VERY happy they went with voiced protagonists. Courtenay Taylor's ability to convey emotions (gimme back my son enraged or hopeless, happy, etc) gave the character life that wouldn't have been there with text dialog (at least in the context of everything else being voiced) I am surprised and pleased with this development.

And have very much enjoyed the overall gameplay, another one I'll probably hold onto and play for a very long time.

Formerly
Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8
Old 11-16-2015
Hero

Farmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant future
Quote:
There's 106 quests in the game. Don't run in a straight line through story and actually explore the wasteland and you should be fine next time you play.
I did play the entire game, but got fed up with those add-on packs, that just added more blank npc and more guns. 106 quests might seem like a lot, but not on that scale the wasteland is in 3D. I spent ages running around visiting so many sites that had literally no other content than stuff trying to kill you, or loot to be looted...
Old 11-16-2015
Administrator

Doubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulus View Post
Honestly? It's pretty RPGish still, I'm glad they called up Id and asked how to make good gunplay, it totally outclasses Fallout 3/ New Vegas in terms of impact and animation.
A long time ago I worked on a stud farm that had a livery yard. A strange job, but one of the pervading memories, aside from being splattered with pretty much every type of fluid known to horsedom, is the way a lot of horsey people treat shit.

"It's not as bad as dog shit" They'd say as they bare-handed horse crap out of the sawdust, oblivious to the many parasites and unpleasant stuff horse shit contains. "and it smells better than cat shit."

I see the same with the Fallout 3 comparison; yes it's better than some shit, but when all is said and done it's still shit itself. The fact they spent so long gushing over how id helped and how it was modeled on (and implied as good as) Destiny really doesn't help. Unless they were to busy being 'inspired' by day-long play sessions of Destiny to implement much?

If Fallout 3 was a substandard RPG apologizing for itself trying to be a shooter, then Fallout 4 is a substandard shooter apologizing for trying to be an RPG. Skills, decent conversation system, non-combat resolution options - All gone.

Bethsoft are much, much better and marketing and hype than they are at producing a good product. Fallout 4 is a great IP, hamstrung by a being glitch filled, bug ridden sub-standard shooter with RPG-Lite elements, a fucking awful dialogue system (the voiceovers are good, but for fucks sake that conversation system is absolute shit) and visuals that would have looked good/great if it had been released 4-5 years ago.