News   About   FAQ   Statistics   Player Options   Downloads   Gallery   Forums   Donate   Wiki   Staff   Jobs   Links   Contact Us

Go Back   Sundren Forums > Sundren Community > Off-Topic
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Talk about whatever.

Welcome to the Sundren Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 03-29-2015
Legendary Hero

Fateful Encounter is a name known to allFateful Encounter is a name known to allFateful Encounter is a name known to allFateful Encounter is a name known to allFateful Encounter is a name known to allFateful Encounter is a name known to all
I think might is supposed to represent all kinds of raw power (physical as well as mental), as opposed to strength from dnd!
Old 03-29-2015
Legendary Hero

thaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fateful Encounter View Post
I think might is supposed to represent all kinds of raw power (physical as well as mental), as opposed to strength from dnd!
Yep, I get that. I just think it's a terrible idea them being linked. It means you can't be a weak person with powerful magic or visa versa. Any powerful wizard will also have maxed out melee damage, as well as being your party's pack mule/door basher which I think is a little silly.

Previous Characters: Altherion Goldleaf, Silverleaf, Lanathas El'thariel
Old 03-29-2015
Administrator

Doubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond repute
Heh, yeah.. Best try and get DnD out of your head with regard to most of the mechanics. Might is not just a copy of STR. As with a great many things it really isn't DnD, flush out those pre-conceptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoE
Might represents a character's physical and spiritual strength, brute force as well as their ability to channel powerful magic.
I quite like the fact that a mix of stats are required to be truly capable in any role.

This game does seem to have murdered NWN though, since it's release most server populations have halved or more!

Personally, I'm having issues with it. THE HAIR, dear god. The hair.

And still, that ache that after all this time and development we still don't seem to be able marry up modern visuals and deep story.
Old 03-29-2015
Nobility

Requiem is a jewel in the roughRequiem is a jewel in the roughRequiem is a jewel in the rough
I like the visuals. I like the mechanics. I like the story. I like the voice acting. I hate the game and want to stab it in its sleep because it keeps besting me and I am a sore loser. So overall I am extremely pleased.
Old 03-30-2015
Legendary Hero

Fateful Encounter is a name known to allFateful Encounter is a name known to allFateful Encounter is a name known to allFateful Encounter is a name known to allFateful Encounter is a name known to allFateful Encounter is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubtful View Post
Personally, I'm having issues with it. THE HAIR, dear god. The hair.
This is how I feel about the faces XD. Still, having a blast with the game so far.
Old 03-30-2015
Administrator

Doubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond repute
You mean you don't like the fat elves and only-slightly-modified Prison Break lead-character face for every single racial combination?

For shame.
Old 04-06-2015
Hero

Mournas is a splendid one to beholdMournas is a splendid one to beholdMournas is a splendid one to beholdMournas is a splendid one to beholdMournas is a splendid one to beholdMournas is a splendid one to beholdMournas is a splendid one to behold
Now I'm not trying to make a run away train here on the topic but ... this game has a DM Client and Multiplayer support and all that jazz: http://swordcoast.com and it's coming out this year. It might just be the upgrade for NWN1 and NWN2 multiplayer that people have been looking for... it's based in 5th Edition D&D (whatever the eff that is [I lost interest in keeping up at 4th ed]).

Last edited by Mournas; 04-06-2015 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Fixed URL
Old 04-06-2015
Legendary Hero

roguethree has a brilliant futureroguethree has a brilliant futureroguethree has a brilliant futureroguethree has a brilliant futureroguethree has a brilliant futureroguethree has a brilliant futureroguethree has a brilliant futureroguethree has a brilliant futureroguethree has a brilliant futureroguethree has a brilliant future
It has multiplayer for 5 people.
Old 04-06-2015
Administrator

And the DM client is a shitty joke.
Old 04-06-2015
Hero

Mournas is a splendid one to beholdMournas is a splendid one to beholdMournas is a splendid one to beholdMournas is a splendid one to beholdMournas is a splendid one to beholdMournas is a splendid one to beholdMournas is a splendid one to behold
Well that's certainly good to know.