News   About   FAQ   Statistics   Player Options   Downloads   Gallery   Forums   Donate   Wiki   Staff   Jobs   Links   Contact Us

Go Back   Sundren Forums > Sundren Community > Off-Topic
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Talk about whatever.

Welcome to the Sundren Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 03-22-2015
Legendary Hero

thaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant future
T-minus 4 days 11 hours!!!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/29...snr=1_7_15__13

Pillars of Eternity release imminent!

I must say, I am immensely excited to get my copy of this. A lot of beta testers have been bitching about the gameplay/graphics not being perfect, but at the end of the day...it's 10x better than Baldur's Gate graphics were, and it's the story element that interests me.

Just thought I'd let y'all know incase anyone wanted to pre-order

Previous Characters: Altherion Goldleaf, Silverleaf, Lanathas El'thariel
Old 03-22-2015
Legendary Hero

Peridan has a brilliant futurePeridan has a brilliant futurePeridan has a brilliant futurePeridan has a brilliant futurePeridan has a brilliant futurePeridan has a brilliant futurePeridan has a brilliant futurePeridan has a brilliant futurePeridan has a brilliant futurePeridan has a brilliant futurePeridan has a brilliant future
I've been watching this project since the kickstarter began. To say I'm pumped would be an understatement!

[DM] Poltergeist :
If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.
Old 03-22-2015
Nobility

Kirin is just really niceKirin is just really niceKirin is just really niceKirin is just really nice
Review embargo lifts tomorrow!
Abigail Fryre - Short-Tempered (http://www.sundren.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16616)
Old 03-22-2015
Administrator

Doubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond repute
Hoping it'll be awesome, but still holding out for a group to put together something that can rival the awesomeness of a multiplayer PW.

I won't hold my breath though
Old 03-22-2015
Nobility

Kirin is just really niceKirin is just really niceKirin is just really niceKirin is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubtful View Post
Hoping it'll be awesome, but still holding out for a group to put together something that can rival the awesomeness of a multiplayer PW.

I won't hold my breath though
If PoE sells really well we can bug them about multiplayer for the sequel.
Abigail Fryre - Short-Tempered (http://www.sundren.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16616)
Old 03-23-2015
Administrator

Doubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
If PoE sells really well we can bug them about multiplayer for the sequel.
The sad thing is we already have so many of the tools needed to make our own PW, with Unreal and Unity both now being free we've access to toolsets that outshine the NWN ones by, well, years. Unreal even has the foundings of a DM client just sitting there (well, that may be my interpritation, others may argue).

Of course, the strength of the NWN toolsets was in all the pre-made assets and rules that strung it all together. If you could somehow herd all the artists and programmers (hell, even a small percentage of them would do) who contributed quality work to the NWNvault over the years and get them to work on a single cohesive project with a new IP (let's not get sued out out of existence) we could have a server up and running within a couple of months if not sooner (though probably with a lot of placeholder stuff).

But that's not going to happen, most of those people have drifted off to other things and would be impossible to contact, even getting a team up together is a pretty hard task and trying to bring everyone onto the same page for a new volunteer development project is like trying to herd cats through sun-kissed cat-nip, fields across a fast-flowing river and through the forest of mice and laser pointers. Hard. (I should point out here that Sundren doesn't suffer so much from this, it's an established setting that the staff were all familiar with before we became staff, though there are still times where we pull in different directions or have very different opinions).

Not to mention the bizarre-awesomeness of modern asset creation - So much more complex yet so much simpler than ever before, but as ever so hard to get right. Then there's the world building, themes, look, colour palette, play style... Plus, probably the biggest challenge - containing project creep and managing expectations among the team.

Who knows...
Old 03-27-2015
Nobility

THIS GAME IS SO GOOD IT HURTS.

...I might be missing from Sundren for a week or two. :x
Old 03-27-2015
Developer

Saulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond repute
Tempted to try this, but I just started playing the new DA Inquisition expansion, and I must say it's actually quite good and heavily story-focused.

I like pretty graphics too.
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin
Old 03-27-2015
Legendary Hero

thaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant future
Finally have the game and it won't load...crashes during Obsidian title screen.

Previous Characters: Altherion Goldleaf, Silverleaf, Lanathas El'thariel
Old 03-27-2015
Developer

Saulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaelis View Post
Finally have the game and it won't load...crashes during Obsidian title screen.
See what I did there?
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin