News   About   FAQ   Statistics   Player Options   Downloads   Gallery   Forums   Donate   Wiki   Staff   Jobs   Links   Contact Us

Go Back   Sundren Forums > Sundren Community > Off-Topic
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Talk about whatever.

Welcome to the Sundren Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 05-11-2016
Legendary Hero

Thief Of Navarre is a name known to allThief Of Navarre is a name known to allThief Of Navarre is a name known to allThief Of Navarre is a name known to allThief Of Navarre is a name known to allThief Of Navarre is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubtful View Post
Man, now you're making me wish I'd popped the cash out for Witcher 3. That game has some seriously good looking tech and it's rare to hear bad things about it
Maybe when the steam sales come around.
I concur; when I can stop spending cash on my Anvil fetish (I'm currently bidding on a 168lb brooks cast steel one -.-) I may get round to buying this.
Old 05-11-2016
Nobility

Nyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulus View Post
It seriously transports me to another place and time, more than any other game I've ever played.
This pretty much explains how I feel about it. It's the first rpg where I literally stopped to smell the roses, walked on the muddy trails, watched the moon rise over the trees, and paused on my journey to see some brigands die to wolves. It was definitely an experience, rather than just a video game. I have a few complaints, but the good far outweighs the bad.

I'm fairly certain that it'll drop by 50% when the Steam summer sale rolls around, based on the price history listed here, so that's something to look forward to!
Old 05-13-2016
Developer

Saulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond repute
I reinstalled with a bunch of mods last night, I highly recommend the HD reworked mod and the increased LOD mod... I tried the faces one and it conflicted with the LOD one. I also got the increased sign effects (makes spells more intense looking).

Started a NEW+ game, only level 40... I guess the level cap with the new expansion is 100! Some of the armors require level 40+ however (same with weapons). I just started using the Viper sword (its from heart of stone), it's so badass...
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin
Old 05-13-2016
Dungeon Master

Fateful Encounter is a name known to allFateful Encounter is a name known to allFateful Encounter is a name known to allFateful Encounter is a name known to allFateful Encounter is a name known to allFateful Encounter is a name known to all
I'm going to reinstall this weekend ... and murder ALL THE DROWNERS. >=)

Thanks for the mod suggestions Saulus!
Old 05-13-2016
Developer

Saulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond repute
I forgot I have the Witcher eyes mod too, it makes the eyes more lore friendly (less human). It looks awesome with the professor glasses (if anyone remembers him from Witcher 1, his glasses are a fashion item in Hearts of Stone DLC).
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin
Old 05-14-2016
Nobility

Nyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant future
That lore-friendly eyes mod is absolutely beautiful. Looking at old man Geralt seriously casts Igni on my heart. Last time I played was before the modding community delved into the game at depth, but now I'll be keeping these suggestions in mind too.

Old 05-14-2016
Hero

Mournas is a splendid one to beholdMournas is a splendid one to beholdMournas is a splendid one to beholdMournas is a splendid one to beholdMournas is a splendid one to beholdMournas is a splendid one to beholdMournas is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulus View Post
Yeah I can't say enough great things about that game. It seriously transports me to another place and time, more than any other game I've ever played. It probably helps I play it on a 4K TV with surround sound
I've picked this up, but still haven't played it. Guess it will be something good to kill time with until Sundren lives again.
Old 05-14-2016
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssis View Post
Looking at old man Geralt seriously casts Igni on my heart.
LOL.

A few others, the signposts (use them from anywhere) and vendors mods were nice. The vendor one just ups the vendor coin and buy rates a tad, nothing too insane.

Using the Ursine armor currently with the Alder Folk boots (better stats). That's the Oferei sabre from Hearts of Stone. I was using the middle eastern style light armor they were using for awhile but I like doing the heavy style this time.

George Carlin
Old 05-14-2016
Dungeon Master

Fateful Encounter is a name known to allFateful Encounter is a name known to allFateful Encounter is a name known to allFateful Encounter is a name known to allFateful Encounter is a name known to allFateful Encounter is a name known to all
i forgot how breathtaking this game is. Not sure I like my current equipment though - still using the griffin school witcher outfit and it looks nowhere as cool as what your guys' screenies show.

And yes, the first thing I did after i loaded my old save was to kill a bunch of drowners.
Old 05-15-2016
Hero

Farmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant future
I better start cashing in for a machine that can play witcher 2. And none of you fine fellas seem to remark about any kind of card collecting and erhm... suchlike. ...in HD