News   About   FAQ   Statistics   Player Options   Downloads   Gallery   Forums   Donate   Wiki   Staff   Jobs   Links   Contact Us

Go Back   Sundren Forums > Sundren Community > Off-Topic
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Talk about whatever.

Welcome to the Sundren Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 03-11-2016
Nobility

gamestarmike is a splendid one to beholdgamestarmike is a splendid one to beholdgamestarmike is a splendid one to beholdgamestarmike is a splendid one to beholdgamestarmike is a splendid one to beholdgamestarmike is a splendid one to beholdgamestarmike is a splendid one to behold
RIP Everquest Next

Everquest 'Never' Next canceled

https://www.reddit.com/r/EQNext/

Well at least people will have their minecraft version that they spent up to100$ on thats now selling for 10$ in a couple months

Last edited by gamestarmike; 03-11-2016 at 07:10 PM.
Old 03-11-2016
Nobility

AsuraKing is a name known to allAsuraKing is a name known to allAsuraKing is a name known to allAsuraKing is a name known to allAsuraKing is a name known to allAsuraKing is a name known to all
While I'm not surprised about this, I'm suuuuuper annoyed about it, I backed them by buying Landmark years ago and have been watching it like a hawk since then.
Shafiq Khil'joko: Zakharan myrkulite.

My tomb of old toons:
Cruven Schlachten - Blood Reaver of Garagos, Blackwood Company Elite, Hellstrom Head of Security
Marcus Waynard- Horned Harbinger, fear his best bud Frank!... and Jim, Bob, Sue, and Jane...
Davlamin Frostfoot - Frosty Snowflake, the Frozen Fist of Auril, sworn enemy of the Second Wind fire pit.

Click here to see the full image of my avatar, by Algido.
Old 03-11-2016
Legendary Hero

Thief Of Navarre is a name known to allThief Of Navarre is a name known to allThief Of Navarre is a name known to allThief Of Navarre is a name known to allThief Of Navarre is a name known to allThief Of Navarre is a name known to all
They said they cancelled because Everquest Next wasn't fun... Funny that was 'Never' a consideration when Everquest was never fun IMO.
Old 03-11-2016
Nobility

jarlexel is a jewel in the roughjarlexel is a jewel in the roughjarlexel is a jewel in the rough
Heh . . I played Everquest 1 for like 12 years straight, well not non stop but almost.
Old 03-11-2016
Hero

nezzerscape is a splendid one to beholdnezzerscape is a splendid one to beholdnezzerscape is a splendid one to beholdnezzerscape is a splendid one to beholdnezzerscape is a splendid one to beholdnezzerscape is a splendid one to beholdnezzerscape is a splendid one to behold
Sorry to hear. I have never played any online game save for NWN2. I would be interested if there was as good RP as with NWN2 PWs, particularly Sundren. Though I would hate to split time. Side note Shards looked like it might be good, but not sure about the RP side.
Ash: Dusty old miner of still looking for the "mother load" on Exigo's stag

Shaving kittens: not an official sport, but fun just the same
Old 03-12-2016
Adventurer

Rekov is a glorious beacon of lightRekov is a glorious beacon of lightRekov is a glorious beacon of lightRekov is a glorious beacon of lightRekov is a glorious beacon of light
Shards is being designed by NWN players for PWs, basically. People can run their own Shard, and enforce their own rules on it, so I imagine if a particular crew migrated from NWN2 to Shards, the quality of the RP would migrate with them. It isn't like an MMO where it's all a crapshoot.
Old 03-12-2016
Legendary Hero

Thief Of Navarre is a name known to allThief Of Navarre is a name known to allThief Of Navarre is a name known to allThief Of Navarre is a name known to allThief Of Navarre is a name known to allThief Of Navarre is a name known to all
Has anyone tried the Pre-Alpha of that yet?
Old 03-12-2016
Administrator

Doubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond repute
The trouble with shards is that it just looks awful.

Every gameplay video I've seen just looks dire, like some compilation of the worst of the mechanics from Arcanum and Ultima Online (though given how many ex Ultima devs are on it I don't think we should be surprised).

Visually it's a blandathon. Like a house being flipped it's a makeover of staggering off-white beigeness all wrapped up in the most generic implementation of the dreaded 'Unity Look'.

Its often garbled development messages failed to inspire confidence in its kickstarter campaign and haven't got better since.

Maybe I'm overly harsh or judgmental, but giving what I've seen so far I wouldn't pay in advance for it.
Old 03-12-2016
Legendary Hero

I just had a look on the website and checked out the screenshots which looked pretty, then I looked at the videos and saw how bland it looked in motion. Their pricing strategy seems confusing aswell; You don't pay to run a server (a shard) but you do pay to run a cluster (a collection of servers that use the same ruleset)?
Old 03-12-2016
Hero

nezzerscape is a splendid one to beholdnezzerscape is a splendid one to beholdnezzerscape is a splendid one to beholdnezzerscape is a splendid one to beholdnezzerscape is a splendid one to beholdnezzerscape is a splendid one to beholdnezzerscape is a splendid one to behold
Yes I have only looked at the pics and videos. It does not look very good "visually" but thought that the expand ability and customization capabilities that is might be worth looking at. I love NWN2 even with its bugs. Ultimately its about the people I play with.
Ash: Dusty old miner of still looking for the "mother load" on Exigo's stag

Shaving kittens: not an official sport, but fun just the same