News   About   FAQ   Statistics   Player Options   Downloads   Gallery   Forums   Donate   Wiki   Staff   Jobs   Links   Contact Us

Go Back   Sundren Forums > Sundren Website > News
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News Sundren news archive of news on the main page.

Welcome to the Sundren Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 07-18-2017
Nobility

Incognito has a spectacular aura aboutIncognito has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlitoq View Post
I attempted to find the server for some Rp, but was unable to do so. Can someone help me make sure I have the correct information for a Direct Connection?
173.33.6.68:5125

use http://www.nwnlist.com/#

NWN2 Wiki
Forgotton Realms Wiki
Old 08-05-2017
Hero

nezzerscape is a splendid one to beholdnezzerscape is a splendid one to beholdnezzerscape is a splendid one to beholdnezzerscape is a splendid one to beholdnezzerscape is a splendid one to beholdnezzerscape is a splendid one to beholdnezzerscape is a splendid one to behold
There is another wipe coming?
Ash: Dusty old miner of still looking for the "mother load" on Exigo's stag

Shaving kittens: not an official sport, but fun just the same
Old 08-05-2017
Legendary Hero

Yevelian is a glorious beacon of lightYevelian is a glorious beacon of lightYevelian is a glorious beacon of lightYevelian is a glorious beacon of lightYevelian is a glorious beacon of light
I tried connecting, but was unable. Is the server up or semi up at 173.33.6.68:5125?

-Not fond of morning walks on the beach.
Old 08-05-2017
Administrator

Doubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond repute
Try 173.33.6.122:5125

Always worth checking the nwnscry site for the latest IP.

Nezzer: in short, yes. Will try to do a longer answer as to why tomorrow.
Old 08-07-2017
Legendary Hero

OnyxTigress is a splendid one to beholdOnyxTigress is a splendid one to beholdOnyxTigress is a splendid one to beholdOnyxTigress is a splendid one to beholdOnyxTigress is a splendid one to beholdOnyxTigress is a splendid one to beholdOnyxTigress is a splendid one to behold
I can give a short answer as to why and let Doubt elaborate. Currently the plan is for the server to have a cap of level 15. But the problem with things as they are now, encounters and loot are scaled for the old cap. So it would be wildly unbalanced if people were allowed to keep all of what they grind out now, so the plan is to do another wipe when things are ready to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornuto View Post
Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.
Old 08-08-2017
Hero

nezzerscape is a splendid one to beholdnezzerscape is a splendid one to beholdnezzerscape is a splendid one to beholdnezzerscape is a splendid one to beholdnezzerscape is a splendid one to beholdnezzerscape is a splendid one to beholdnezzerscape is a splendid one to behold
Starting cap? Or final cap like the 20 was (bonus XP for events, etc.).

Just trying to get a feel. They will effect some base classes (ones that blossom later) and make some prestige classes worthless (or less worth taking). All good if we know going in. It would stink if we were going for a weapons master only to find out we could only make it to level 4 or a level 7 Assassin.

All good, cannot wait to the dust settles and we all can start playing!

Nez

Old 08-08-2017
Legendary Hero

thaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant future
Level 15 will be the soft cap, which means only DM-awarded or daily quest XP after 15.

If you can't solo the daily quest it's essentially a hard cap of 15, so I wouldn't plan anything beyond that.

Previous Characters: Altherion Goldleaf, Silverleaf, Lanathas El'thariel
Old 08-08-2017
Hero

Ok, so just like it was before just but @ 15. Plan on level 15 and hope for more.

Thank you for the additional clarification... looks like I will have to rethink my Druid-Necro build!

Old 08-11-2017
Administrator

Doubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond repute
Toot toot!

Time for an update.

About Time, you said tomorrow 5 days ago.

Yes, looking back over the last few weeks is a bit frustrating.

On the upside we did what we planned to do and wiped the vault freeing up RP to start anew.

On the downside the wipe wasn't enough and substantially more things needed changing and tweaking before the update could be run than I'd originally budgeted for. As Onyx finely explained the update needs to re-balance a lot of the servers mechanics/items to ensure that equipment and leveling pace is kept constant and enjoyable, while it's something that can certainly be tweaked going forward it does require a clean slate to start with meaning a second wipe will be required once the update takes place. Once that's done then hopefully we'll be free of the need for wipes.

When will then be now?

Soon.

I hope. One problem with the over-run is that we ran face first into the hard, unyielding family holiday wall period of late July/August. This has meant a huge reduction in the available hourage to get things done. While work does continue it's not exactly racing along. Fear not, people are still at work on it.

What people?

Top people.

Well, that's me reassured. How about an estimated release date?

Well, it'd be nice to have things all ready to go by the end of August, but the continuation of the hot summer months of angry, bored children mean that is probably wishful thinking (or maybe not) which means September is the more likely.

Is there anything I can do to help?

Quests and conversations.

Having more of those two things is good for everyone, especially quests.

If I've got more questions or want to chat?

Then reply here, PM me or anyone else in the DEV team or come join Kasso's lovely Discord channel (Follow this here link) and chat to us there.
Old 09-01-2017
Administrator

Ah, September. Itís not as blindingly hot as August but still has some of the summer vibe.

Also, itís the month I manage to crawl some free time back into my life. With that hopeful thought, hereís an update.

Didnít you say youíd be done by August?

As I said in the last post September was a more likely date than August, and thatís turned out to be the case. The last few weeks for me have meant almost 0 free hours to plug into Sundren, but thatís about to change.

When in September?

Iíve got two blocks this month where I believe Iíll be able to put reasonable hours into Sundren. The first is a few days toward the start of the month while Iím on training (if my training is like last year Iíll have a few hours each day to myself). The second is during the last two weeks of the month.

Ideally the first block will be enough time to get the outstanding items done, however Iím not certain it will. I donít particularly want to give any firm deadline but I believe weíd all be happy with it being finished sooner rather than later.

Do you still want Quests and Conversations?

Yes.

As ever, if youíve got questions, pointers or just want to chat then reply here, PM me or hit us up on Discord.