News   About   FAQ   Statistics   Player Options   Downloads   Gallery   Forums   Donate   Wiki   Staff   Jobs   Links   Contact Us

Go Back   Sundren Forums > Sundren Community > Sundren General Discussion > Sundren Custom Content
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sundren Custom Content Sundren Custom content & Artwork Discussion.

Welcome to the Sundren Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 10-11-2016
Nobility

MyNameIsDave is a jewel in the roughMyNameIsDave is a jewel in the roughMyNameIsDave is a jewel in the rough
I'll start writing some quests. Any themes/areas? Or do you want me just go at it?
Ronus Stonewall - Dwarven Pathfinder - Drunken Scout of Whurest
Old 10-11-2016
Administrator

Doubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond repute
Have at it. Level, zone or theme is your choice.
Old 10-11-2016
Nobility

AsuraKing is a name known to allAsuraKing is a name known to allAsuraKing is a name known to allAsuraKing is a name known to allAsuraKing is a name known to allAsuraKing is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubtful View Post
Any really. Can always find a use for cool looking stuff! If you want to give any faction or site a makeover then have at it.
Alrighty cool, im very interested in the Zakharan's myself, so wont lie I'll likely make some sets for them first. But I'm also interested in making some stuff for the Sestrans and Sundren folks.
Shafiq Khil'joko: Zakharan myrkulite.

My tomb of old toons:
Cruven Schlachten - Blood Reaver of Garagos, Blackwood Company Elite, Hellstrom Head of Security
Marcus Waynard- Horned Harbinger, fear his best bud Frank!... and Jim, Bob, Sue, and Jane...
Davlamin Frostfoot - Frosty Snowflake, the Frozen Fist of Auril, sworn enemy of the Second Wind fire pit.

Click here to see the full image of my avatar, by Algido.
Old 10-24-2016
Administrator

Doubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a bit crap at updating it, but some time back I put together a brief roadmap of what I planned to put my dev time into with Sundren. It's not complete, but probably the easiest to share out of them. It only relates to what I'm doing, so none of the other dev/lore stuff shows up.

https://trello.com/b/b7g42w6n/doubtf...undren-roadmap

If you want to see anything added, shot me a PM or reply here.

As mentioned elsewhere I'm on a little break for paid work at the moment but at least it'll give you an idea of what's flapping about in my head and what I'll be getting back to once I've got this other stuff rolled up.
Old 08-01-2017
Administrator

Iíve asked a few questions about TGINGTM on Discord, so I thought this might help clear things up a little.

What is TGINGTM?

TGINGTM (or That Game Iím Never Going To Make) is a loose collection of ideas and thoughts that are slowly coalescing into being something. I say slowly, because itís just me and I donít know much about what Iím doing. I am learning though, largely through breaking things.

Itís partly theoretical, largely experimental and wishlisty. My RL job shuts me away from a lot of stuff (including all interwebs and technology) for 10-12 hours a day, but that does tend to give you time to think, make notes and process ideas. TGINGTM is the result of this confused jumble of fatigued and hypoxic notes. This isnít the game I want to make, thatíd be very different, likely a single player narrative driven affair set in the far future with the theme of what it is and means to be human. But this is the game that Iím never going to make, so no pressure.

At the end of the process itís possible something vaguely game like might crawl out of the mess. Or maybe not.

But what sort of game is it?

The current ideas are crude and fairly shapeless - This is never going to be made remember. But the working template is currently something vaguely stone/bronze age where players represent chosen members of a tribe whoíre cast into a valley to try and sort out a bunch of problems (or maybe the elders didnít like you and sent you away to die a horrible death, who knows!). There may or may not be classes, magic, crafting, DMing and a complex faction tracking system. But that shitís a long way away and a lot will change.

Rather than focus on what the end result will be the current plan is to break as much down into small development puzzles as possible, taking it baby steps toward a final product. First stage is going to be getting some kind of happy netcode functioning whereby players can all log into a room and talk. Wow, the future really is here huh?

Why not dedicate your time to making Sundren more awesome?

Well, letís be honest. NWN2 is long in the tooth and working with the Toolset
is much akin to punching myself in the crotch for several hours a day. It's actually nice to have a project to dip into to destress from dealing with NWN2s quirks and crashes.

The lure of modern engines that arenít terrible is strong, plus thereís a load of tools I really fancy getting familiar with that NWN2 just wonít play nice with. Back in the day I did work exclusively on Sundren but changing priorities mean that I no longer consider myself beholden to any one project.

That said, Iím not quite quitting - Iíve got quite a few things to do that will be able to cross over with Sundren, allowing me to produce content for TGINGTM and Sundren simultaneously. Thereís still a lot of things Iíve planned to do here so I wonít be leaving any time soon.

I'll post updates on TGINGTM and Sundren stuff here as and when there are any (which may be a while seeing due to term times my free time is on hold until September). Any questions, thoughts or insults then just post here or poke me on Discord.
Old 08-16-2017
Legendary Hero

thaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant future
I was just wondering, what do you make of this game?

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/media/media/

In a way I'm enticed by the promise of an old-school MMORPG, where classes have truly unique abilities and are interdependent to some extent, much like what attracted me to NWN2.

In your opinion, is this just another pile of steaming garbage or could it actually be something good?

Either way, I think I would wait until much later in the development process before throwing any money at them

Previous Characters: Altherion Goldleaf, Silverleaf, Lanathas El'thariel
Old 08-16-2017
Administrator

Honestly i wouldn't want to judge it either way. It's clearly very early days for it and all the images are pre-alpha.

It doesn't seem to offer anything new or interesting in any of its media, but that doesn't mean it won't later or that it'll be bad.

Some of the stuff in the video seems clunky, but as it's not gameplay videos it's hard to say if it's poor direction, clunky systems or just stuff that'll change during development.

I guess keep an eye on it and see where it goes, I wouldn't invest until later on in its development.