News   About   FAQ   Statistics   Player Options   Downloads   Gallery   Forums   Donate   Wiki   Staff   Jobs   Links   Contact Us

Go Back   Sundren Forums > Sundren Website > News
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News Sundren news archive of news on the main page.

Welcome to the Sundren Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 08-28-2013
Legendary Hero

Jhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant future
The FS was just made into an Oracle in path finder. For those of us how had our FS designed prior to these changes are essentially screwed. I understand the want to make an offensive divine caster but, some of us do not want this. There should be an option, to do either or. If I am not mistaken D&D 3.5 is designed to make choices about the type of PC you want to make. In my opinion the changes do not out way the nerfing that just occurred to the class. Even if my DCs have just changed, my FS was not designed to be an offensive caster.

I am just trying to understand the need to want to nerf a class that not everyone can be anyway. I am sorry the extra feats, the extra skills, and the Cha DCs do not equal what the class has lost. Not to mention the loss of spells.
Lynk Frost-Champion of Bane
Dorin Hammond- Scout
Seith Ronson- Master of War
"A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true."
Socrates

Old 08-28-2013
Legendary Hero

ManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant future
Outstanding! You lot have been incredibly busy. Well done!
Old 08-28-2013
Nobility

Valhalla is a name known to allValhalla is a name known to allValhalla is a name known to allValhalla is a name known to allValhalla is a name known to allValhalla is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhickey View Post
I am just trying to understand the need to want to nerf a class that not everyone can be anyway.
"It's restricted" has not, in any multiplayer game ever, been a good reason to spare something the nerfhammer.

I do think it'd be nice to see rebuilds for the people whose class' focus just completely 180'd underneath them, though.

Last edited by Valhalla; 08-28-2013 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Words are hard.
Old 08-28-2013
Legendary Hero

OnyxTigress is a splendid one to beholdOnyxTigress is a splendid one to beholdOnyxTigress is a splendid one to beholdOnyxTigress is a splendid one to beholdOnyxTigress is a splendid one to beholdOnyxTigress is a splendid one to beholdOnyxTigress is a splendid one to behold
It'd be nice if they made favored soul not restricted now with these changes, at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornuto View Post
Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.
Old 08-28-2013
Hero

Raksha is just really niceRaksha is just really niceRaksha is just really niceRaksha is just really nice
It's still possible to make a good Favored Soul weapon-based build, I'd say. It just requires the sort of intricate character planning and powerbuilding that it previously took to make a good Eldritch Knight. And yeah, existing FvS have had spells taken at random, weapon feats gone, and generally left in terrible shape.

EDIT: Also, the reason that being turned from a buff-and-bash into an offensive caster is being perceived as a huge nerf is that offensive casters in PvE are almost uniformly ~terrible~ due to maximized enemy HD, huge saves, and limited spell lists. ^_^

Lihana Farrier, Paladin of Torm and noble dalliance

On Hold: Alandriel Ward, Actually a Vampire Groupie
Retired for Good: Tamryn Jorandur, Hano's Wife and Conflicted Soul
Old 08-28-2013
Nobility

TakenByTheStormX is a jewel in the roughTakenByTheStormX is a jewel in the roughTakenByTheStormX is a jewel in the rough
It is still possible to make a weapon based FS. With powerbuilding. Very possible.
Old 08-28-2013
Administrator

Lotus has a brilliant futureLotus has a brilliant futureLotus has a brilliant futureLotus has a brilliant futureLotus has a brilliant futureLotus has a brilliant futureLotus has a brilliant futureLotus has a brilliant futureLotus has a brilliant futureLotus has a brilliant futureLotus has a brilliant future
We'll help all four of you favored souls with reworking your characters, like we do every time a class has been significantly reworked.
Old 08-28-2013
Legendary Hero

Jhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
We'll help all four of you favored souls with reworking your characters, like we do every time a class has been significantly reworked.
I know you will; it can just be a bit frustrating that is all. Sadly I am not very good at power building. But I do like what I have build so far with my FS.

All the other work is really good though. Do not take my frustration as knock on any of the hard work by staff. I am sure I will adapt.
Lynk Frost-Champion of Bane
Dorin Hammond- Scout
Seith Ronson- Master of War
"A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true."
Socrates

Old 08-28-2013
Hero

Raksha is just really niceRaksha is just really niceRaksha is just really niceRaksha is just really nice
Likewise. The positive faaar outweighs any negative. And I am elated to see sorcerers now Not Sucking, after having been strictly terrible for as long as I can remember.

Lihana Farrier, Paladin of Torm and noble dalliance

On Hold: Alandriel Ward, Actually a Vampire Groupie
Retired for Good: Tamryn Jorandur, Hano's Wife and Conflicted Soul
Old 08-28-2013
Nobility

Valhalla is a name known to allValhalla is a name known to allValhalla is a name known to allValhalla is a name known to allValhalla is a name known to allValhalla is a name known to all
In any case, thanks for the spiffy update and the neat (to me at least!) class changes.

Woo sorcerers! (Even if I don't play one)