News   About   FAQ   Statistics   Player Options   Downloads   Gallery   Forums   Donate   Wiki   Staff   Jobs   Links   Contact Us

Go Back   Sundren Forums > Sundren Community > Sundren General Discussion
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sundren General Discussion General Discussion about Sundren.

Subforum: Sundren Custom Content RP Schedule

Welcome to the Sundren Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 03-30-2016
Hero

Fuzziebunny is a splendid one to beholdFuzziebunny is a splendid one to beholdFuzziebunny is a splendid one to beholdFuzziebunny is a splendid one to beholdFuzziebunny is a splendid one to beholdFuzziebunny is a splendid one to beholdFuzziebunny is a splendid one to behold
I currently like the idea of a human stormlord. My plan is to make her a native to Sundren but I am not really sold on any of the cities yet. I'm also not sure if I will have her join any of the factions either.
Old 03-31-2016
Nobility

gamestarmike is a splendid one to beholdgamestarmike is a splendid one to beholdgamestarmike is a splendid one to beholdgamestarmike is a splendid one to beholdgamestarmike is a splendid one to beholdgamestarmike is a splendid one to beholdgamestarmike is a splendid one to behold
Whurest Kazhunki
Wizard, General, bat
Durin Runebeard

Crafter: wands/potions/arms/wondrous. His reason for leaving Mithral Hall for Sundren Valley is to aid his cousins in Whurest and make a name for his clan's wares in the current growing economy.

Old 03-31-2016
Nobility

TheBrogueadier is a glorious beacon of lightTheBrogueadier is a glorious beacon of lightTheBrogueadier is a glorious beacon of lightTheBrogueadier is a glorious beacon of lightTheBrogueadier is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by greypawn View Post
I have two concepts I seem to go back to all the time. A Chauntea Paladin of Sestra, sort of a Green Knight from Arthurian folklore concept. And a kraken society scalawag with lovecraft undertones. So lawful good paladin in Sestra or chaotic neutral/neutral evil swashbuckler-other in Avanthyr. Was thinking of maybe trying to open the kraken society background up and try to get a themed group together for some fun prelaunch collaboration.
Heartily agree with the Kraken Society background and I hope you can get traction on it.

I had a stupid amount of fun as an Umberlean, at least until a certain Mr Nobody cut his throat on his 3rd day of play (Respawning from well RP'd PvP is for wimps).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornuto View Post
I'd like to play an insane Lovecraftian warlock beholden to Shothragot with the end-goal of bringing all of the unworthy gods and their followers to ruin.
Good man, can't go wrong with a liberal amount of Lovecraftian horror as inspiration. I planned Henry L. Jones out as a star-pact warlock for all manner of Lovecraftian and freezing tentacle based funtimes, but never really got it going.
Aedan Gilter - Dreamer of broken dreams.
Henry L. Jones - Oh god, I can see forever.
Old 03-31-2016
Nobility

jarlexel is a jewel in the roughjarlexel is a jewel in the roughjarlexel is a jewel in the rough
my ranger is just going to come out of the woods, who knows where the hell he came from.
Old 04-01-2016
Legendary Hero

Thief Of Navarre is a name known to allThief Of Navarre is a name known to allThief Of Navarre is a name known to allThief Of Navarre is a name known to allThief Of Navarre is a name known to allThief Of Navarre is a name known to all
Currently have no idea. I've told myself no more rogues... We'll see how long that lasts
Old 04-08-2016
Adventurer

Rekov is a glorious beacon of lightRekov is a glorious beacon of lightRekov is a glorious beacon of lightRekov is a glorious beacon of lightRekov is a glorious beacon of light
Question for the DMs, maybe:

To what extent are PCs allowed to start with standing/history when it comes to factions, both the Sundren-specific factions (z.B. Sable Order, Northern Watch, Eboncoin) and to Forgotten Realms factions that aren't Sundren-specific (z.B. Shadow Thieves of Amn, Zhentarim, Harpers)?
Old 04-08-2016
Legendary Hero

Fateful Encounter is a name known to allFateful Encounter is a name known to allFateful Encounter is a name known to allFateful Encounter is a name known to allFateful Encounter is a name known to allFateful Encounter is a name known to all
For Sundren factions, the reboot is a fresh start for everybody, so I would be very wary of giving any character a leg up in terms of standing on Day One. Exceptions would need to be approved by the staff. If you have a really amazing and inspiring character idea where some boosted standing might propel storytelling for many players, maybe the staff would consider it ... but no guarantees.

For other factions, again, if you want to incorporate FR organizations into your background, please feel free make a character request. For realism's sake, we generally don't like to see high-ranking members of foreign organizations pop up as level 3s on Sundren. We're more likely to approve things where you're at the lowest rank, if at all. The more standing you want, the more detail and justification you'll have to provide for their background and their goals in Sundren. And again ... no guarantees.

But, we like to see good ideas and are always happy to take a look. Don't hesitate to float them by us!
Old 04-08-2016
Adventurer

Rekov is a glorious beacon of lightRekov is a glorious beacon of lightRekov is a glorious beacon of lightRekov is a glorious beacon of lightRekov is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks FE! I had no intention of making a high ranking character. If anything, I find it more interesting to be recruited into an organization during the course of RP, but I didn't want to waste anyone's time on this, since it wouldn't be applicable to Sundren's factions or plot as a whole.

I may send a character request once the class/lore information is finalized and a launch date is set. There is little point in doing so until I have a solid grasp of the setting and my character concept.
Old 04-08-2016
Hero

Memnoch1962 is a splendid one to beholdMemnoch1962 is a splendid one to beholdMemnoch1962 is a splendid one to beholdMemnoch1962 is a splendid one to beholdMemnoch1962 is a splendid one to beholdMemnoch1962 is a splendid one to beholdMemnoch1962 is a splendid one to behold
Since the server is moving forward something like 50 years, whats the year? I know its probably posted somewhere and I probably should remember. But I don't so... if anyone could please let me know its gonna help with my character back story. Thanks
Old 04-08-2016
Nobility

greypawn has much to be proud ofgreypawn has much to be proud ofgreypawn has much to be proud ofgreypawn has much to be proud ofgreypawn has much to be proud ofgreypawn has much to be proud ofgreypawn has much to be proud ofgreypawn has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch1962 View Post
Since the server is moving forward something like 50 years, whats the year? I know its probably posted somewhere and I probably should remember. But I don't so... if anyone could please let me know its gonna help with my character back story. Thanks
Here we go..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubtful View Post
I'm (probably) going to play a sociopathic paladin.

Need for adventure and other high risk behaviours? Check.
Fantastic and uninviting behaviour on (and occasionally off) of alcohol. Check.
Sex impersonal and often trivial (and often combined with the above)? Check.
Intelligent and superficially charming, effective at manipulating people? Check.
Absence of fear, remorse, shame, and generally stunted interpersonal relationships. Check.

Couple it with occasionally lucid blocks of intense feeling or insight (kind of like bipolar ASPD) and I suspect fun times to be had.

Oh, the year? Right.. 50 years hence, so 1432.

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.