News   About   FAQ   Statistics   Player Options   Downloads   Gallery   Forums   Donate   Wiki   Staff   Jobs   Links   Contact Us

Go Back   Sundren Forums > Sundren Website > News
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News Sundren news archive of news on the main page.

Welcome to the Sundren Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 03-10-2014
Developer

Saulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond repute
Update Notes - March 10th, 2014

Class Updates

Shadowdancer
*Shadow Daze now has unlimited uses per day, 60-second cooldown; save DC changed from 10 + Dex Mod to 10 + Shadowdancer Level + Dex Mod
*Shadow Evade now lasts 1 round/level instead of a flat 3 rounds

Shadowdancer was never a great class; it was only useful for taking 1 level to get HiPS. We moved HiPS to 4th level on this server because dipping 1 level to get that great ability was just too strong for too little cost. This had the unfortunate consequence of making Shadowdancer a very hard sell for stealth builds. These changes accomplish two things.

First, the unlimited Shadow Daze uses give the Shadowdancer a meaningful contribution in every fight, both for PvE and PvP.

Second, the expanded duration on Shadow Evade gives the Shadowdancer much more survivability and encourages the actual use of the ability.

Weapon Master
*Ki Critical moved to 5th level (from 7th)
*Improved Flanking (+4 when flanking instead of +2) at 7th level
*Immunity to Paralysis at 8th level
*Improved Whirlwind Attack at 10th level

When we gave Fighters the Pathfinder treatment, Weapon Masters got friendzoned pretty hard. With strict feat requirements, awkward ability progression, and a payoff that was no longer unique, there wasn't much sense in taking this class.

By moving Ki Critical to 5th level, we open up many more build possibilities for non-Fighter classes. It's much easier to account for 5 levels in a setup than 7, and we anticipate seeing some new combinations that weren't really viable before.

These new abilities have been added to flesh out the class's progression up to level 10 and play up what's always been suggested about the class but never really emphasized: battlefield mobility. This class, if taken to level 10, will be very useful in large melees. Spring Attack means free movement through enemy threat zones, and Improved Whirlwind attack gives you an attack against every enemy in a pretty large radius. We can't make this class exceed a fighter in raw attack bonus and damage, but we can make it excel in a different area.

Stalwart Defender
*Defensive Stance now has unlimited uses per day, 30-second cooldown

Another class that got hosed when Fighter was improved. Still working on bringing this one up to snuff, but for now, giving the class unlimited uses of its stance allows it to maneuver freely and enjoy its main class feature throughout a PvE content run. From a PvP standpoint, you're not screwed if your opponent refuses to fight you in a certain spot; you just have to manage your cooldown.

Misc
- Bandage calculations have been improved. The full cycle takes half the time, and the healers Heal skill / targets CON bonus have a greater impact on the healing.

- Improved bastard swords, SB, and Duelest vendor weapons to be more relevant and useful.

- Mossdale and Whurest bosses now have a slight chance to drop high quality gems. And those barrels in the Spine do not (wish the public had reported this earlier).

- Argyle loot containers should now work properly.

- Refugees and Stageplay scripts added in Cheapside / Aquor
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin
Old 03-10-2014
Nobility

The Butcher is a splendid one to beholdThe Butcher is a splendid one to beholdThe Butcher is a splendid one to beholdThe Butcher is a splendid one to beholdThe Butcher is a splendid one to beholdThe Butcher is a splendid one to beholdThe Butcher is a splendid one to behold
I am definitely looking forward to the possibilities with Weapon Master now.

"
Heroes need the weak to feel important. I say, teach the weak the skills they need to live on their own, to protect themselves and break free of the chains of charity and victimization. The Triad needs people to protect. I need people to succeed." -Byrun von Hellstrom
Old 03-10-2014
Hero

sonuvalich has a reputation beyond reputesonuvalich has a reputation beyond reputesonuvalich has a reputation beyond reputesonuvalich has a reputation beyond reputesonuvalich has a reputation beyond reputesonuvalich has a reputation beyond reputesonuvalich has a reputation beyond reputesonuvalich has a reputation beyond reputesonuvalich has a reputation beyond reputesonuvalich has a reputation beyond reputesonuvalich has a reputation beyond repute
Love the refugees outside Aquor, though one shouted something about "Play:animation something something" at me. I think they may be possessed and speaking in tongues.
Old 03-10-2014
Legendary Hero

Fateful Encounter is a name known to allFateful Encounter is a name known to allFateful Encounter is a name known to allFateful Encounter is a name known to allFateful Encounter is a name known to allFateful Encounter is a name known to all
Yay refugees! I no longer have to spawn them every time I log on! XD
Old 03-10-2014
Hero

Lugwy has a brilliant futureLugwy has a brilliant futureLugwy has a brilliant futureLugwy has a brilliant futureLugwy has a brilliant futureLugwy has a brilliant futureLugwy has a brilliant futureLugwy has a brilliant futureLugwy has a brilliant future
Love to the friendzoned prestige classes!

Looking forward to the new and wacky builds to follow.
Old 03-10-2014
Nobility

bipolar bear has a brilliant futurebipolar bear has a brilliant futurebipolar bear has a brilliant futurebipolar bear has a brilliant futurebipolar bear has a brilliant futurebipolar bear has a brilliant futurebipolar bear has a brilliant futurebipolar bear has a brilliant futurebipolar bear has a brilliant future
(( Thanks Bipolar, looking into it. ))
Old 03-10-2014
Nobility

greypawn has much to be proud ofgreypawn has much to be proud ofgreypawn has much to be proud ofgreypawn has much to be proud ofgreypawn has much to be proud ofgreypawn has much to be proud ofgreypawn has much to be proud ofgreypawn has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonuvalich View Post
Love the refugees outside Aquor, though one shouted something about "Play:animation something something" at me. I think they may be possessed and speaking in tongues.
These particular refugees just really like plays. Keeping Aquor classy!

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Old 03-10-2014
Hero

Farmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant future
This is so feckin fantastic! I've been looking forward to such changes to Shadowdancer for a long while! The changes to weapon master is just icing on the cake!

Is shadow evade still an instant feat/use - or was that never implemented?

Will the Weapon Master bonus to crit range and crit multiplier stack with the ditto from Sword Saint? I'm thinking with 5 fighter/5 weapon master/10 SS you could have crits on 11-20 and x4 multiplier on rapiers, kukris, scimitars and falchions. Wow!
Old 03-10-2014
Legendary Hero

Phantom Lamb has a brilliant futurePhantom Lamb has a brilliant futurePhantom Lamb has a brilliant futurePhantom Lamb has a brilliant futurePhantom Lamb has a brilliant futurePhantom Lamb has a brilliant futurePhantom Lamb has a brilliant futurePhantom Lamb has a brilliant future
WM feats on crits don't stack with SS. They do allow you to take the benefits in two different weapons though.
Old 03-10-2014
Dungeon Master

[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future
And please, take into account the lore of the class as well. There's a good deal of RP potential there, provided you don't prioritize making the most awesome build evah.