News   About   FAQ   Statistics   Player Options   Downloads   Gallery   Forums   Donate   Wiki   Staff   Jobs   Links   Contact Us

Go Back   Sundren Forums > Sundren Website > News
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News Sundren news archive of news on the main page.

Welcome to the Sundren Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 10-31-2013
Legendary Hero

wangxiuming has a reputation beyond reputewangxiuming has a reputation beyond reputewangxiuming has a reputation beyond reputewangxiuming has a reputation beyond reputewangxiuming has a reputation beyond reputewangxiuming has a reputation beyond reputewangxiuming has a reputation beyond reputewangxiuming has a reputation beyond reputewangxiuming has a reputation beyond reputewangxiuming has a reputation beyond reputewangxiuming has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds very intriguing! Looking forward to see it in action.
Old 10-31-2013
Nobility

Vaelek is a splendid one to beholdVaelek is a splendid one to beholdVaelek is a splendid one to beholdVaelek is a splendid one to beholdVaelek is a splendid one to beholdVaelek is a splendid one to behold
This is extremely appreciated guys. Looking forward to how this effects role-play, with no more guessing or vague sums being allotted to every settlement.

I realize the staff is busy hammering this all out into even finer detail, but is there any thought being given to factions outside the government of a city or settlement? It would be very helpful to have more precise numbers or, at the very least, a power score relevant to cities and other factions for comparison.

Enabling faction head honchos to weigh their support and calculate risk based on this would be fantastic.

Old 10-31-2013
Adventurer

FriendlyNecromancer has a spectacular aura about
To be fair one can get very rich by adventuring. Problem is most usually become monster fodder or retire before finding that awesome ancient artifact worth millions of gp.
That and the number of high level characters is supposed to be very low, otherwise you'd just have a bunch of level 17+ wizards stopping time and wishing themselves into millionaires.
Old 11-01-2013
Legendary Hero

ManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant future
Well done. This information is certainly helpful when negotiating trade with various towns and their senior representatives.

Cheers!
Old 11-01-2013
Legendary Hero

thaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuscotopia View Post
Damn....Maybe Murin can brew barrels of beer with potent dwarven aphrodisiacs.

In all seriousness though, bravo to the staff. This couldn't have been an easy process.
Whurest population = 497, sorry Kusco!

On another note I think this is a fantastic idea.

Previous Characters: Altherion Goldleaf, Silverleaf, Lanathas El'thariel
Old 11-01-2013
Hero

Intrepid42 has a brilliant futureIntrepid42 has a brilliant futureIntrepid42 has a brilliant futureIntrepid42 has a brilliant futureIntrepid42 has a brilliant futureIntrepid42 has a brilliant futureIntrepid42 has a brilliant futureIntrepid42 has a brilliant future
Wow. Very impressive work, staff. I like.

I also thank GBX for addressing my first question in an implied fashion in his Economy Guide. I take from it that Avanthyr may contain at least one brewery, but not sufficient for a population of 4,000 plus sales to adventurers. Plus I've always had my concerns about grain supplies following the loss of Sestra and the valley getting overrun.

Murin is not my current primary PC, but what negotiations and planning did take place represented in-game actions and effort by House Meriadoc. So I would want it taken into account for them to a certain extent.
Old 11-01-2013
Hero

Elusa has much to be proud ofElusa has much to be proud ofElusa has much to be proud ofElusa has much to be proud ofElusa has much to be proud ofElusa has much to be proud ofElusa has much to be proud of
With regard to troop and population numbers, can you pretty please give Sundren half a chance at not being completely taken over by the Black Hand? 'cause that seems to be the direction the plot is headed.
Old 11-01-2013
Dungeon Master

[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elusa View Post
With regard to troop and population numbers, can you pretty please give Sundren half a chance at not being completely taken over by the Black Hand? 'cause that seems to be the direction the plot is headed.
What 'seems' and what 'is' are often two very different things. But we're here to facilitate player plans and involvement. So, if the BH wins, it won't be because of us.
Old 11-01-2013
Legendary Hero

Jhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by [DM] Grinning Death View Post
What 'seems' and what 'is' are often two very different things. But we're here to facilitate player plans and involvement. So, if the BH wins, it won't be because of us.
This is something I would like to address too. Because I play an evil PC and am really involved in what my faction does. I an only echo what GD is saying, because I have worked my but off in every plot that I am involved in. That means from top to bottom. There are few DMs that I don't bounce ideas off of and work on the strategy that I am going to be taken. To think that any of us in the BH have not failed in a plot is insane, because I know I have personally.

The point is, be involved with the faction you are in make plans, if you are like me make 10 plans and run them through the DMs, and hope that one sticks, and that you can successfully take all the steps to complete it. Not only that make sure you don't get discouraged when something doesn't go the way you plan it. I know I have had to change my plots on the fly at times, and roll with things when I have a minor setback. Because no mater how detailed we plan something it will never go that way all the time.

So if you are upset of the way things are going, plan to change them, because the DMs only help facilitate them. I am always a will participant in a game of chess, and know that if it is against the BH, I will be planning my own defenses and counter strikes, it is not the DMs.

That is it for my rant, I hate having to do this on my IPhone.
Lynk Frost-Champion of Bane
Dorin Hammond- Scout
Seith Ronson- Master of War
"A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true."
Socrates

Old 11-01-2013
Legendary Hero

cmosier has a brilliant futurecmosier has a brilliant futurecmosier has a brilliant futurecmosier has a brilliant futurecmosier has a brilliant futurecmosier has a brilliant futurecmosier has a brilliant futurecmosier has a brilliant futurecmosier has a brilliant future
I'll defend the Black Hand. I'm really new to a lot of this DM involvement stuff. I've never actually played a character who had the ability to alter things the way he can. So, I've made several mistakes, both as a player and as a character. That being said, Aquor has given me some insight as a player and I've been able to turn that into some decent RP, at least I hope so.

As GD said. It's player driven.

If you're searching the lines for a point
Well, you've probably missed it
There was never anything there
In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic