News   About   FAQ   Statistics   Player Options   Downloads   Gallery   Forums   Donate   Wiki   Staff   Jobs   Links   Contact Us

Go Back   Sundren Forums > Sundren Community > Greeting
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Greeting New to the forum? Post your greeting here!

Welcome to the Sundren Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 06-09-2017
Adventurer

Sunset Fallow is a jewel in the roughSunset Fallow is a jewel in the roughSunset Fallow is a jewel in the rough
Returning?

Well, I was wondering since I've seen some activity and perhaps a rework of the server....what's happening? It's been nearly two year since my last post and longer since I played. I still play...some other games as well. But my first love is still of the RP I find within NWN2.

Soooooo...I'll look around.
Old 06-11-2017
Administrator

Doubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond repute
Not much happening, though it'd be nice if we could get some events going again. Plenty of games have come and gone since NWN2 but I miss the arepees.

It'd be nice to get something going.
Old 06-13-2017
Nobility

Torgar has a brilliant futureTorgar has a brilliant futureTorgar has a brilliant futureTorgar has a brilliant futureTorgar has a brilliant futureTorgar has a brilliant futureTorgar has a brilliant futureTorgar has a brilliant futureTorgar has a brilliant future
Events aren't going because players aren't on, and players aren't on because everything that was said was going to happen didn't. At this point, we'd probably be happy with a player-based faction system independant of a server-based one, with a vault wipe to fix any issues that caused. That's it, all the server needs right there. Most of the other devs seem to be working or playing on the other few working servers. I really do think a vault wipe and removal of the buggy factions would do a lot to bring people back, even if not a lot is fixed. Right now, I know of several people who don't want to play because they know nothing they do is ever going to matter, because eventually the server will be wiped and those characters will vanish. If the server were ALREADY wiped, that's another matter.

Just saying, events aren't the problem. The server stagnating on promises that at this point it doesn't matter if they are kept or not is. If you have any power to do so Doubt, if you could just contact Saulus and ask him to go ahead and wipe the servers and just put in what's done and working, that'd be awesome. The excuses that we're waiting for everything to be perfect is way past done. Perfect won't happen, and less than perfect on sundren is still 5X better than the best any other server has.

Quintin Ulsteris: Nice-guy Legion engineer, deceased son of House Ulsteris.

Clandriel Cain: AKA "Fire-eyes" AKA "Demon hunter" AKA "OH MY GOD, WHY IS HE STILL STABBING ME!!??"
Old 06-13-2017
Administrator

Doubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond repute
Promise is such a strong word and one I hope I had the smarts not to actually use!

Anyway, weasel words aside I agree, the big day of cake tomorrow is nebulous and vague and the perfect day is never going to come. So, as requested I've sent Saulus a message and asked him to wipe the vault without the update. Fingers crossed.
Old 06-13-2017
Legendary Hero

Kasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant future
Agreed with Torgar,

Main thing holding me back is the wipe itself.

Formerly
Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8
Old 06-13-2017
Nobility

Starrizer is just really niceStarrizer is just really niceStarrizer is just really niceStarrizer is just really nice
So. I've sneaked around here and there. Let's see if it happens - I might be around if so. <3 Also love your faces.
Old 06-15-2017
Adventurer

Calculus has a spectacular aura aboutCalculus has a spectacular aura about
Perhaps turn back the clock, too? Why not do a prequel of your storyline?

UTC/GMT +1 hour

"The difference between ignorant and educated people is that the latter know more facts. But that has nothing to do with whether they are stupid or intelligent." Neal Stephenson
Old 06-15-2017
Legendary Hero

Kasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculus View Post
Perhaps turn back the clock, too? Why not do a prequel of your storyline?
Prequel would require as many heavy handed changes as the timeskip, seeing as a lot of area's were altered to reflect plot changes over the course of Sundren's history.

Formerly
Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8
Old 06-15-2017
Administrator

Prequel would be awesome, it would also require binning almost all of the servers content and remaking from nearly the ground up. Logistically, nope.
Old 06-17-2017
Adventurer

Calculus has a spectacular aura aboutCalculus has a spectacular aura about
I am pretty sure multiple builds of the mod were kept in storage for such things. If the old builds weren't kept for future use then that would be bad programming practices. Always keep backups of alphas and betas of legacy mods. Prequel could be set at the point of the legacy ones. Other than that the project should go open source. A collaboration of the community can do great things, if not a new development team to keep things fresh. As Torgar said in another thread it has been nearly a year of no promises kept. Let the reins be given to the community then to continue the project.

http://www.sundren.org/forum/showthr...=24426&page=17

UTC/GMT +1 hour

"The difference between ignorant and educated people is that the latter know more facts. But that has nothing to do with whether they are stupid or intelligent." Neal Stephenson