News   About   FAQ   Statistics   Player Options   Downloads   Gallery   Forums   Donate   Wiki   Staff   Jobs   Links   Contact Us

Go Back   Sundren Forums > Sundren Website > News
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News Sundren news archive of news on the main page.

Welcome to the Sundren Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 10-01-2015
Administrator

Lotus has a brilliant futureLotus has a brilliant futureLotus has a brilliant futureLotus has a brilliant futureLotus has a brilliant futureLotus has a brilliant futureLotus has a brilliant futureLotus has a brilliant futureLotus has a brilliant futureLotus has a brilliant futureLotus has a brilliant future
Quote:
Yeah, it's probably about time for this. I would hope/presume this means no re-creating old characters. I'd like to see a truly fresh start.
There will be no re-creating of old characters, no descendants of old characters.
Quote:
Please remember to remove all the junk items from the loot tables. Those chain gloves.
Yeah, loot tables are being changed to get rid of junk items.
Quote:
I'll personally be keeping an eye on MoMF. It's one of the few PrCs unique to Sundren and I really, really enjoy the RP chances it gives, but it suffers in combat, especially if you lower the level cap.
Yes, this class will be getting some love, probably in the form of our evaluating its forms and buffing as necessary.
Quote:
I'm mostly hoping this doesn't create excessive PvP, but I consider this a really delicate change, because players shouldn't be discouraged from joining underplayed factions or feel forced to join a particular faction for the opposite reason.
It's to be determined, but many points will probably be held on a timer and won't be assailable when held by a PC faction. After so much time goes by, the outpost will revert to NPC hostile control to be conquered by a different faction.
Quote:
Again biased by previous characters I've made, but I'm hoping druids and rangers still have a faction and ideally a store.
Still under discussion. The "natural" types don't lend themselves well to a faction in the context of server plot and DM resources. However, we're looking at retaining the organization of nature PCs as an RP device with incentives (RP hub, themed store).

I much prefer the idea of druids and rangers filtering into the various other factions as each PC tries to discern which entity best suits his or her interests.

Quote:
On the matter at hand, will Faction Control Points have a hook into GBX' Faction Wealth system?
Not likely. It's hard to retain that data from reset to reset. We'll probably disable that system unless something more interesting than "You are in a faction. Here are GPs" manifests.

Quote:
Does this mean Sundren will be a low magic server or is that yet to be determined?
"Low magic" is such a misleading term. The magic level of a server, truly, is whatever level of spells the magic users can cast. Gear for a level 15 PC will be in the +2/+3 range. A PC at level 20 can expect to be using mostly +3/+4 equipment, which will be attainable through crafting.
Old 10-01-2015
Hero

Redjack has a brilliant futureRedjack has a brilliant futureRedjack has a brilliant futureRedjack has a brilliant futureRedjack has a brilliant futureRedjack has a brilliant futureRedjack has a brilliant futureRedjack has a brilliant future
Curious to the fate of Vampires? Will Colibrus and his family be purged from the server?
Old 10-01-2015
Legendary Hero

Kasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
Curious to the fate of Vampires? Will Colibrus and his family be purged from the server?
Would be nice to see vampires return in some form or another, it is a flavor that is unique to Sundren among servers. Though they don't lend themselves immediately well to a city-based faction systems, unless they exist as a sort of cult between cities post-wipe?

Formerly
Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8
Old 10-01-2015
Nobility

Torgar has a brilliant futureTorgar has a brilliant futureTorgar has a brilliant futureTorgar has a brilliant futureTorgar has a brilliant futureTorgar has a brilliant futureTorgar has a brilliant futureTorgar has a brilliant futureTorgar has a brilliant future
As an owner of one of the last vampires around, I think it's fine if they are gone. Especially if the cap gets moved back, a level 15 vampire against level 15 people is just too powerful from a PVP standpoint, and unfortunately it has been proven many a time to be extremely difficult to get RP other than a fight from those not in the same faction. I personally prefer the idea of the vampires being scary NPC's that the players face, not 1-3 players who together could wipe the server if they wanted too. But, that's just my opinion on it.

Quintin Ulsteris: Nice-guy Legion engineer, deceased son of House Ulsteris.

Clandriel Cain: AKA "Fire-eyes" AKA "Demon hunter" AKA "OH MY GOD, WHY IS HE STILL STABBING ME!!??"
Old 10-01-2015
Legendary Hero

ManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant future
I remember being in game and seeing the likes of Clive or Ruby log into and getting excited about the impending conflict. The fear on the server was thick. Back when Clive would hunt near 2nd Wind... Characters traveled in groups for fear of meeting a vampire alone on a dark road. Ruby would confront groups at a time and most would recoil in fear. IMO, this made the server special and exciting. I too would like to see them return in some form.
Old 10-01-2015
Administrator

Lotus has a brilliant futureLotus has a brilliant futureLotus has a brilliant futureLotus has a brilliant futureLotus has a brilliant futureLotus has a brilliant futureLotus has a brilliant futureLotus has a brilliant futureLotus has a brilliant futureLotus has a brilliant futureLotus has a brilliant future
We won't have vampire PCs again for the forseeable future. They'll exist as an NPC influence.
Old 10-01-2015
Legendary Hero

ManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant futureManUtd4Ever has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgar View Post
As an owner of one of the last vampires around...
Magnus and Allan were the last two active Vamps that I remember.
Old 10-01-2015
Legendary Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
We won't have vampire PCs again for the forseeable future. They'll exist as an NPC influence.
NPC influence? Intriguing.
Old 10-01-2015
Nobility

Sparkie has much to be proud ofSparkie has much to be proud ofSparkie has much to be proud ofSparkie has much to be proud ofSparkie has much to be proud ofSparkie has much to be proud ofSparkie has much to be proud ofSparkie has much to be proud of
Actually, Manu, Torgar is one of the last vampire players, with Iskaroth. While on the topic of vampire pc's, I think it's best to do away with them. They are insanely powerful, not just in terms of stats, but abilities. I mean, just a look at their wiki entry reveals how strong they are. And it's due to this sheer strength that I think they should be done away with. They'd work best in an npc position, if for no other reason than it keeps one player or group of players from becoming a bit too powerful in an non-roleplay specific way. And when one team's got all the cards or powerful players, people will start flocking to that team, which destroys any conflict and makes things boring.

And actually, as a bit of a personal rant: Yeah, sure vampire PC's make for an interesting rp environment where people are grouping together to travel the roads at night because a powerful big bad vamp just logged in, but to be honest? That should've been happening regardless, since the threats in Sundren are many, with some prime examples being bandits, goblins, gnolls, and run-of-the-mill orcs. And while there are some pretty powerful people wandering the valley, let's not forget that there's also soem very powerful threats in the Valley as well. Enter lycanthropes, the Bloodmaim, and yes, Vampires. Really, travelling in the Forgotten Realms is dangerous, even more so at night when certain things can come out, not to mention your visibility's considerable lower, and lighting up a torch to see can also make you a target. *turns off waffle iron on this particular topic*

In any case, I really do look forward to seeing the changes that get made, and seeing this server really up and going again.
Old 10-03-2015
Hero

Memnoch1962 is a splendid one to beholdMemnoch1962 is a splendid one to beholdMemnoch1962 is a splendid one to beholdMemnoch1962 is a splendid one to beholdMemnoch1962 is a splendid one to beholdMemnoch1962 is a splendid one to beholdMemnoch1962 is a splendid one to behold
I'm wondering.... what will happen to all the Characters that we all played recently. I don't mean the Vault Characters, I mean the people that we played that were a part of Sundren. Will they just fade away and be forgotten or will Sundren History have some sort of record of them?