News   About   FAQ   Statistics   Player Options   Downloads   Gallery   Forums   Donate   Wiki   Staff   Jobs   Links   Contact Us

Go Back   Sundren Forums > Sundren Community > Sundren General Discussion
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sundren General Discussion General Discussion about Sundren.

Subforum: Sundren Custom Content RP Schedule

Welcome to the Sundren Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 11-03-2015
Hero

Satoshi is a splendid one to beholdSatoshi is a splendid one to beholdSatoshi is a splendid one to beholdSatoshi is a splendid one to beholdSatoshi is a splendid one to beholdSatoshi is a splendid one to behold
My favorite memories involve the conversion of my elven wizard Eirimil Gaelazair from a one-off joke about elven dickishness and an excuse to ridicule non-elven characters into a genuinely compelling character with faults, flaws, and yet an ability to be redeeming and even endearing. I've played less than a great many people still here despite the fact that I started in March of the great Beta of 2007. I briefly did a stint as a DM. I left and came back probably a dozen times. I still think about most of the people I've met here fondly, and wonder how you all are doing.

You magnificent bastards.

Tyler Penleigh - Obligatory author insert, Red Blade Defender, sarcastic jerk, caring brother, loving fiancÚ, war criminal.

Retired/Dead
Eirimil Gaelazair (Dead)- Bitter. Caustic. Abrasive. Egocentric. Probably right. Found dead in the burned-out Viridale forest a few weeks after the survivors were able to sweep the area after the Bloodmaim offensive. Aside from his usual attire, an intricate music box was the only thing in his possession.
Old 11-04-2015
Developer

Kitsunestume has a brilliant futureKitsunestume has a brilliant futureKitsunestume has a brilliant futureKitsunestume has a brilliant futureKitsunestume has a brilliant futureKitsunestume has a brilliant futureKitsunestume has a brilliant futureKitsunestume has a brilliant futureKitsunestume has a brilliant futureKitsunestume has a brilliant futureKitsunestume has a brilliant future
James never did find Eirimil's notes on elemental binding. . .
Old 12-30-2015
Developer

FoogooFish has much to be proud ofFoogooFish has much to be proud ofFoogooFish has much to be proud ofFoogooFish has much to be proud ofFoogooFish has much to be proud ofFoogooFish has much to be proud ofFoogooFish has much to be proud ofFoogooFish has much to be proud of
How does one properly pay homage to the time spent in Sundren? There are countless memories that could be shared; there are countless names that could be mentioned. "Remember that time when..."

To even attempt to whittle down the endless hours of [insert emotion here] I've experienced on Sundren would be a massive undertaking, so I decided to keep it simple. If we interacted IC, whether for good or for ill, then I enjoyed the moment. I have made long-lasting friends because of the PC that I played; I know people who still detest me on a personal basis because of the PC that I played. But Sundren set the standard for me with regards to roleplay, and every new venture I attempt is inevitably compared to the time I have spent here. Ultimately, I'd change little about my tenure on Sundren, if I even changed anything at all.

I have folders upon folders of screenshots; anyone who knows me knows that I'm always taking them. If there's a "remember that time when..." then I probably have a visual of it. I could have posted a collage, but I thought it'd be best to post the first two screenshots that I ever took on Sundren.

November 17th, 2010

In the end, no matter what other forces coalesce around us, Sundren comes down to one main thing: Kyle Rendell.

With fondness,

~Foo

Old 01-02-2016
Hero

Fury has a brilliant futureFury has a brilliant futureFury has a brilliant futureFury has a brilliant futureFury has a brilliant futureFury has a brilliant futureFury has a brilliant futureFury has a brilliant futureFury has a brilliant futureFury has a brilliant future
You know, it's true. I hope in the fifty years that pass, there is a statue of Kyle- likely funded by himself, of course. Perhaps near the Blackwood barracks. But Kyle must be commemorated, because for better or worse, the man is a damn legend.

"Timing is the main difference between being a hero, and being an asshole" -River

"Nothing says "I matter" quite like having a price on your head" -Sandro

Old 01-02-2016
Administrator

Doubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond repute
Haha! Sounds a grand idea.

Can't help but wonder what a statue of Kyle would look like (apart from the obvious 'a bit like Kyle).

Perhaps if Julie Bell, Frank Frazetta and Boris Vallejo merged together to create one very muscly sexy warrior-art creating machine, they'd might be able to produce a statue that'd do Kyle justice.
Old 01-02-2016
Nobility

jarlexel is a jewel in the roughjarlexel is a jewel in the roughjarlexel is a jewel in the rough
Sundren won't be Sundren without Kyle, he better make a new toon named Kyle.
Old 01-13-2016
Hero

Intrepid42 has a brilliant futureIntrepid42 has a brilliant futureIntrepid42 has a brilliant futureIntrepid42 has a brilliant futureIntrepid42 has a brilliant futureIntrepid42 has a brilliant futureIntrepid42 has a brilliant futureIntrepid42 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubtful View Post
The Dwarves. For some reason those guys were always the best victi, I umm.. participants in my events.

From snowy treks across the spine that ended in fey castles and beguiled dwarves to difficult choices and moral quandaries in the bloodstained ruins of Schild, it's the way you've always risen to the challenges that makes DMing worthwhile.
Right back at you, Doubtful. And to everyone who's played a dwarf, or thought about playing a dwarf, or seen a dwarf in-game.

The stereotypical northern Shield Dwarf, whether hold dwarf or wanderer, is usually expecting the worst to happen. This is good mental preparation for a Doubtful event...

Great times.
Old 01-13-2016
Nobility

jarlexel is a jewel in the roughjarlexel is a jewel in the roughjarlexel is a jewel in the rough
Would be neat if Sundren kicks off with one of Doubtful's 16 hour events!
Old 01-13-2016
Administrator

Doubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond repute
Hah, I've got most of march-april off of work, you'd better all be prepared for some serious eventing.
Old 01-28-2016
Nobility

BedlamX is a name known to allBedlamX is a name known to allBedlamX is a name known to allBedlamX is a name known to allBedlamX is a name known to allBedlamX is a name known to all
Kinda late here...

But my favorite memories of Sundren have to be any and every time Ursus hung out with Dain and his goody-two-shoes group. Always a blast and I don't think anyone (including those of us in the group) could ever really figure out why the moody Thayan Knight was in that company of do-gooders :P

And the fight to become the next...uh...Warden, I think...between Ursus and Dain was epicly funny
Jakomyn Moriarty: Misunderstood Calishite mage (http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.php?title=Jakomyn_Moriarty)
Turin Greyhold: Ex-mercenary paladin of Torm (http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.ph...reyhold,_Turin)
Alexandros Pentacost: 1/2 Orc Cleric of the Red Knight
"Remember, Private..Friendly Fire is not a nice warm place you and your hippy buddies sit around at night toasting marshmallows and singing Kumbaya." --Me to one of my troops way back when