News   About   FAQ   Statistics   Player Options   Downloads   Gallery   Forums   Donate   Wiki   Staff   Jobs   Links   Contact Us

Go Back   Sundren Forums > Sundren Community > Off-Topic
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Talk about whatever.

Welcome to the Sundren Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 05-16-2016
Nobility

Nyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant future
I assume you're referring to the sex cards from the first game, Farmboy, but they've been done away with in both Witcher 2 and Witcher 3. You can freely be as much of a prude or a whore with Geralt as you desire without having to worry about checkboxes.

However, be forewarned: collecting Gwent cards in Witcher 3 is 10x as addictive. It got so bad that I found myself questioning npcs in mourning if they'd lost a Gwent game recently, completely neglecting the burned down houses and dead relatives right in front of them. Then I took their cards away, too.

EDIT: Steam and GOG are concurrently running a Witcher 3 sale: 50% off base game and 10% off each xpac. Offer ends on May 30th, so get them now if you desire!

Last edited by Nyssis; 05-17-2016 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-17-2016
Administrator

Doubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond repute
Bonus! Just spotted that as well, have to try and remember to buy it tomorrow!

Mind you, probably won't be able to actually download it for another few months. Shitty lack of decent broadband (on mobile only with a hilariously small monthly data allowance for far to much money, and another stupidly expensive lump of 10gb but that's earmarked for important stuff like Sundren uploads, super critical software updates and videos to try and stop the baby from being a mentalist. No internet cafes or hotspots with us able bandwidth nearby, buggers seem to love their 128kb throttles. Still, lots of Aperol spritz, so not all bad).
Old 05-18-2016
Legendary Hero

OnyxTigress is a splendid one to beholdOnyxTigress is a splendid one to beholdOnyxTigress is a splendid one to beholdOnyxTigress is a splendid one to beholdOnyxTigress is a splendid one to beholdOnyxTigress is a splendid one to beholdOnyxTigress is a splendid one to behold
I just got an email that the game is currently 50% off on steam, so it'd be a good time to pick it up for those who don't have it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/292030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornuto View Post
Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.
Old 05-19-2016
Developer

Saulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond repute
OMG Geralt vs Wolverine?

New city = JAW DROP.

I keep throwing money at the screen but nothing is happening, help!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=ZEJT5XRftOU
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin
Old 05-19-2016
Nobility

Nyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant futureNyssis has a brilliant future
I spy the final upgrade of the ursine armor concept art that was never put into the original game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubtful View Post
Mind you, probably won't be able to actually download it for another few months.
I'm depressed about this, but at least you'll get to play it eventually! You'll also be able to experience it all at once after both xpacs have released, which can be more immersive for rpgs because you don't know where things are like the back of your hand.
Old 05-19-2016
Developer

Saulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond repute
You're better off waiting for the last expansion, the whole UI is going to be overhauled... don't bother learning the current one.
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin
Old 05-25-2016
Developer

Launch trailer. Lots of vampy stuff lately. I like how they have higher and lower vampires in Witcher. Shades of gray (hell he's friends with some).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=OP-ZsLYGJfQ

George Carlin
Old 05-26-2016
Nobility

A couple of screenshots leaked by CD Projekt make it seem that our friendly neighborhood vampire Regis will finally make an appearance in-game. I'm a fan of the way vampires are portrayed in the Witcher series because they are neutral morality and can go either way, same as people can. It makes dealing with all manner of beasty a little less cut-and-dry.

I've since started a new game from scratch in preparation for B&W, and I'm falling in love all over again. Doing a fast attack on-hit build on Death March difficulty, so dealing with skull level monsters isn't as much of a hassle. It's something beautiful to watch their hp bar melt if I can layer all my status ailments like they're pizza toppings.
Old 05-26-2016
Developer

Ah yes Regis, I still remember dialog from W1/W2 mentioning him. Fun times at the Vamp brothel in Vizima... Two creatures with inhuman constitutions makes for a long night of love making. LOL

George Carlin
Old 05-31-2016
Developer

Can't wait to play this tonight, I really wanted to start it on my new playthrough but it's going to take me too long to reach this section of the game... going to fire up my ol' level 45 save on normal.

All the reviews are raving about it.

George Carlin