News   About   FAQ   Statistics   Player Options   Downloads   Gallery   Forums   Donate   Wiki   Staff   Jobs   Links   Contact Us

Go Back   Sundren Forums > Sundren Community > Sundren General Discussion
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sundren General Discussion General Discussion about Sundren.

Subforum: Sundren Custom Content RP Schedule

Welcome to the Sundren Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 01-23-2016
Legendary Hero

Kasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant future
New Characters~

Grinning Death gave me the idea to make a thread to discuss what sorts of character's people will be playing post-wipe. He's even volunteered to help people in their character creation in regards to lore and such for those who want to fit in.

For my part, my character is going to be a boisterous and gregarious uthgardt barbarian, having departed her tribe years ago, she's had time to develop into her own woman. Reveling in all the things that barbarian's love to do; drinking, violence, etc, with her darker side of course left undisclosed here. I hope that when sundren's released I can hit the ground running with her.

Though I don't see her getting involved in the political games, given the server's history it doesn't seem like there's much room for character's with a very direct approach in politics. I can see her wandering between the cities for the first while, figuring out her place in the world, since Sundren has traditionally been a very lawful place on the surface with a very chaotic underground. Before I would have said Aquor since they seemed far enough removed and lawless enough to accommodate a barbarian nicely, but since Pendraig has taken over I'm pretty sure that isn't the case anymore!

Does GD have a status update planned for the Tuatha out of curiosity?

Formerly
Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8
Old 01-23-2016
Dungeon Master

[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasso View Post
Though I don't see her getting involved in the political games, given the server's history it doesn't seem like there's much room for character's with a very direct approach in politics.
There's always a need for the direct approach in politics, especially given the violent tendencies that lurks underneath the veneer of 'civilized' behavior. You have to remember, the peace that has been in place has only been around for 50 years or so, if that. Nobles in Sundren have their Condottieri, Aquor has its Saharin, Avanthyr has its Northern Watch, and Sestra has its military. All are agents of powers, and any character can fit into a role within a city-state's designs; it can be anything from a warrior to a spy, a mage to a priest. The only characteristic they have in common is their loyalty to their respective city-state or noble family.

Playing nice has its place. But you have to have that big stick in case diplomacy doesn't work.

Quote:
Does GD have a status update planned for the Tuatha out of curiosity?
Yes, I do!
Old 01-23-2016
Legendary Hero

Kasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant future
Being a big stick was more or less the plan with my barbarian!

Though if the Tuatha are gunna be super cool to I might go into that, depending on how they look.

Formerly
Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8
Old 01-23-2016
Nobility

greypawn has much to be proud ofgreypawn has much to be proud ofgreypawn has much to be proud ofgreypawn has much to be proud ofgreypawn has much to be proud ofgreypawn has much to be proud ofgreypawn has much to be proud ofgreypawn has much to be proud of
I haven't figured out what I'm going to do yet. Was thinking of doing something like an lawful evil helmite. Do a 'fight evil with evil' type. I do dig tribal types and never really done that here on Sundren. Maybe I'll join you.

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Old 01-23-2016
Legendary Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by greypawn View Post
I haven't figured out what I'm going to do yet. Was thinking of doing something like an lawful evil helmite. Do a 'fight evil with evil' type. I do dig tribal types and never really done that here on Sundren. Maybe I'll join you.
So far our 'tribe' is two uthgardt rejects, my barbarian and a spirit shaman, though we're not making a faction styled thing, more like we just have a fostered history with one another, since every attempt I've ever seen at creating a barbarian tribe from the get-go has ended in failure. But we welcome more to the discussion if you decide you wanna and poke me on skype!

Formerly
Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8
Old 01-23-2016
Legendary Hero

Jhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant futureJhickey has a brilliant future
I like this thread. The reality is that I can't wait to just RP with the community again, and have those interactions to look forward too. I font think I have ever designed a PC that has turned out like I wanted, because of the great events that occur around him.

It would be hard for me to say that I won't be involved in the politics, because lets face it I am semi good at it. I am thinking of doing a LN Helmite, that is bound to the protection of the weak. Not really sure class/race/build just yet. I am also toggling the idea of something exotic, but the details are a little hush hush at the moment.
Lynk Frost-Champion of Bane
Dorin Hammond- Scout
Seith Ronson- Master of War
"A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true."
Socrates

Old 01-23-2016
Dungeon Master

[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future[DM] Grinning Death has a brilliant future
I haven't done the write-up for the Tuatha just yet, but here are a list of factions that won't have a city-state:

Magisterium
Tuatha
Cwn Annwn
Blackwood
Triumvirate

This isn't to say they aren't factions, understand. They simply don't have allegiance to any particular city-state, and therefore won't mechanically be joinable factions. This provides two major benefits:

1. It allows people to be part of factions that have alternative motives beyond city politics, but doesn't preclude them from swearing loyalty to a city to take part in the major conflicts that plague the valley.

For example, a Magisterium mage adheres to the Charter, but has his sanctum in Aquor. Aquor gets into a conflict with Sundren City, and the mage wishes to protect his home. That mage will mechanically be bound to Aquor, and therefore can take his place within the hierarchy of the town's defense, but will still be able to claim membership with an organization that the character feels they belong to.

2. It prevents the faction from having to adhere to city politics as a whole. This way, we can have Tuatha supporting both Sesta and Avanthyr as individuals, each with their own unique take on the Tuatha. Further, characters will, outside of their support for their city, will have to unite over Tuatha causes and plots.
Old 01-23-2016
Nobility

Sparkie has much to be proud ofSparkie has much to be proud ofSparkie has much to be proud ofSparkie has much to be proud ofSparkie has much to be proud ofSparkie has much to be proud ofSparkie has much to be proud ofSparkie has much to be proud of
Well, those that I talk with on a semi-regular basis, or have talked with me in the past couple months, know that I've been thinking if rolling up a privateer for Avanthyr. And what better for a swashbucklery character than to roll them as a swashbuckler?

So, for the actual character, this will be a young, self confident man who grew up in the poorer side of Avanthyr, with dreams of striking it rich on the sea. Cunning and agile, he's almost always got a plan of action, though at times his impulsive nature gets the better of him and he goes off half cocked.

So, only thing left for this guy is a name, which I'm thinking I'll go Joseph, just need a surname. Anyways, excited for the reboot, and looking forward to getting to meet everyone's new characters!
Old 01-23-2016
Nobility

Torgar has a brilliant futureTorgar has a brilliant futureTorgar has a brilliant futureTorgar has a brilliant futureTorgar has a brilliant futureTorgar has a brilliant futureTorgar has a brilliant futureTorgar has a brilliant futureTorgar has a brilliant future
Lotus mentioned to me that the Samurai class was gonna hopefully get some fixes and a rename/lore change so that it's not so Eastern, and if that happens that means I get to play one, hopefully. One of my favorite characters I had was the samurai I made, before I got ordered to stop leveling as one by staff at the time. Would probably play a human, but that's not a definitive. Other than that...hrm. Dunno really. Played a lot of classes, some of them several times. Hard to decide.

Quintin Ulsteris: Nice-guy Legion engineer, deceased son of House Ulsteris.

Clandriel Cain: AKA "Fire-eyes" AKA "Demon hunter" AKA "OH MY GOD, WHY IS HE STILL STABBING ME!!??"
Old 01-23-2016
Hero

Memnoch1962 is a splendid one to beholdMemnoch1962 is a splendid one to beholdMemnoch1962 is a splendid one to beholdMemnoch1962 is a splendid one to beholdMemnoch1962 is a splendid one to beholdMemnoch1962 is a splendid one to beholdMemnoch1962 is a splendid one to behold
I'm thinking of doing a rogue of some sort. I loved doing the political thing in the past. I may do that again, I'm not sure. However I kind of let the RP dictate how my characters develop. We'll see how it turns out.