News   About   FAQ   Statistics   Player Options   Downloads   Gallery   Forums   Donate   Wiki   Staff   Jobs   Links   Contact Us

Go Back   Sundren Forums > Sundren Website > Polls
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls Archive of polls held on the site.

Welcome to the Sundren Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
View Poll Results: How difficult are Sundren's encounters to you?
THE PAIN! Please tone them down! OUCH OUCH! 4 6.56%
They're just a tad hard. 28 45.90%
Just right, don't change a thing. 23 37.70%
They're weak, watch me mop this Wraith Knight up 6 9.84%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2007
Nobility

Myrddin will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Wyrm View Post
And the new ranger armors will be shifted to Light armor types, this is a mistake caused by my ignorance and the fact that the NWN2 manual lies saying Rangers wear Medium. >_<
They LIE like an 5,000 year old rug that been left to rot in the Amazon.

Seriously, there was a time, but since 3.5 it's been light armor only, unless you take the feat.
Old 12-04-2007
Hero

Rhifox is a name known to allRhifox is a name known to allRhifox is a name known to allRhifox is a name known to allRhifox is a name known to allRhifox is a name known to all
Quote:
I'm giving a lot of love to non-casters with new weapons, new armors and special consummables that grant spell-like effects. Here's a sample of stuff I've already put in:
And I'm giving love to the casters, heh. Got quite a few staves upcoming, ones that have charges with offensive spells so casters don't have to keep using arrows/melee weapons pre-10 due to running out of spells.
Old 12-04-2007
Nobility

Xanderleo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
And the new ranger armors will be shifted to Light armor types, this is a mistake caused by my ignorance and the fact that the NWN2 manual lies saying Rangers wear Medium. >_<
I cried.

It's okay though, it's an easy error to make. I look forward to seeing the light armor types up...everything else you put up is excellent and so very badly needed!

~ Aoden Haven - Former Swordcaptain
Old 12-04-2007
Nobility

Blue_Wyrm will become famous soon enough
Cool! *looks at his watch* I've been a dev for one week or so and I made someone cry for the first time! Oh, the seniors must be so proud... ^_^

Seriously though, I was quite fond of the Basilisk Scale Armor looks, it will pain me to water it down into leather.
Old 12-04-2007
Legendary Hero

rustediron has a spectacular aura aboutrustediron has a spectacular aura about
just leave it in, i'm sure SOMEONE will take the feat
Also I love your spell mantle tattoo, I'm going to buy like 50... I will come out of that place looking like a drow 0_o
Old 12-04-2007
Nobility

Blue_Wyrm will become famous soon enough
Tattoos are something quite experimental intended to give people without crazy UMD but a large purse a chance, but don't cry (oh yes please do ^_^) if their price and/or effects get nerfed/buffed later.
Old 12-04-2007
Hero

Rhifox is a name known to allRhifox is a name known to allRhifox is a name known to allRhifox is a name known to allRhifox is a name known to allRhifox is a name known to all
Quote:
Cool! *looks at his watch* I've been a dev for one week or so and I made someone cry for the first time! Oh, the seniors must be so proud... ^_^

Seriously though, I was quite fond of the Basilisk Scale Armor looks, it will pain me to water it down into leather.
Blue_Wyrm, just so you know, the ruleset base for the armor does not have to be the same as the appearance set. You can have an armor that classifies as light but give it the appearance of scale or plate, for instance.

Some of the items I'm making today are like that, classified as 'Arcanowear', robes that look like standard pieces of other armor yet have no protection and no chance of arcane failure because they are classified as 'Cloth' despite having armor appearances.
Old 12-04-2007
Legendary Hero

rustediron has a spectacular aura aboutrustediron has a spectacular aura about
they should be buffed... but AFTER I've bought them
Old 12-06-2007
Nobility

Soulbadguy has a spectacular aura about
I'm playing my Half-drow female *ahem* rogue/assassin.. 5/1

She is a rogue type and I have abit of difficulty fighting even the goblins at the hills.

It is a tad hard. She isn't going to be the solo type anyways because backstabbing is fun!

But I feel that when I want to solo.. it is just a pain and can't be done ..except if I am fighting some goblins. The XP isn't worth the fights unless I wanna gain a little gold .

With the quest system coming in and the RP XP though.. I can't make a final call on it yet because I wanna see how the Quest system works..

I Like the RP XP though..that is cool .

Like Metal ? ----> http://www.myspace.com/cryofsickness2008
Old 12-06-2007
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulbadguy View Post
I'm playing my Half-drow female *ahem* rogue/assassin.. 5/1

She is a rogue type and I have abit of difficulty fighting even the goblins at the hills.

It is a tad hard. She isn't going to be the solo type anyways because backstabbing is fun!

But I feel that when I want to solo.. it is just a pain and can't be done ..except if I am fighting some goblins. The XP isn't worth the fights unless I wanna gain a little gold .

With the quest system coming in and the RP XP though.. I can't make a final call on it yet because I wanna see how the Quest system works..

I Like the RP XP though..that is cool .
Rogues actually do very well, but you can't really use your sneak attacks or stealth.

Get the highest armor that you can. Then, get a short/longbow +1 from Sure Shots, along with Arrows of Goblin Killing.

When fighting the goblins, use your bow to take out the archer first, then the boltboy, and then switch to melee to deal with the defender. The defender has high AC but very low attack bonus (+3), so even though he'll get lots of attacks of opportunity against you as you shoot at the ranged guys, he will rarely hit you. The archer/boltboy are the ones that do tons of damage. My dex characters (a dex dual-wield ranger and a rogue) were both able to solo the caves (except Chief and Banedead) at level 3 by doing this.

Of course, groups are much faster and cheaper.