News   About   FAQ   Statistics   Player Options   Downloads   Gallery   Forums   Donate   Wiki   Staff   Jobs   Links   Contact Us

Go Back   Sundren Forums > Sundren Website > Polls
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls Archive of polls held on the site.

Welcome to the Sundren Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
View Poll Results: What level range would you like the next dungeon to cover?
5 - 6 14 16.67%
7 - 8 20 23.81%
9 - 10 15 17.86%
11 - 12 18 21.43%
13 - 14 27 32.14%
15 - 16 11 13.10%
17 - 18 7 8.33%
19 - 20 9 10.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2010
Legendary Hero

gbbishop is a splendid one to beholdgbbishop is a splendid one to beholdgbbishop is a splendid one to beholdgbbishop is a splendid one to beholdgbbishop is a splendid one to beholdgbbishop is a splendid one to behold
I want to see a counter part to veritas.. specially since most of my character dont see any IC point to killing them... never have. I know you are trying to get to the point where all the factions have "raidable" areas... i dunno really.

I also don't know what these level ranges pertain to. Some of my groups (the dwaven ones) can rock the shite out of the ogres at like 6-7th level. but my "less cool" groups (the humans) can't hit that til like 10th.

I remember there was talk of posting suggested level ranges for existing areas did anyone ever do that?
Old 03-04-2010
Nobility

ParadoxicalAnonymity has a spectacular aura about
I have to mirror both of gbbishop's sentiments.

I've had quite a few characters in the past that would not go near the Veritas, because they felt they were not to be effectively attacked, due to the political climate surrounding that issue.

I think it would be extraordinarily helpful if there was a counterpart around that 12-16 level that didn't have as large of an ethical debate amongst it. I'm not saying you need to throw in baby-consuming, genocidal drow to kill. Just something not quite as controversial, perhaps. As mentioned in the topic's original post, an alternative to that level range.

And, also, as gbbishop has pointed out, not all characters go to places at the same levels. Classes can make such an enormous difference. Cleric/Favored Souls can just stomp through content, even solo. Where as a monk/fighter/rogue is going to either be killing things for 4xp a pop, or going with buffers. This isn't a complaint, in the least, simply that knowing what level everything is entirely intended for isn't entirely clear.

Recently I was getting 64xp a pop on lizards with my monk. Before that, I was only getting about 20xp a pop on Cartel. Is there a sweet spot we should be looking for, so we know what level is 'intended?'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM Cornuto View Post
Levels 1-5 go by pretty quick once you know the server and bang out all the initial fetch&carry quests. The slow down seems to happen around level 10-15, so I'd suggest adding more content for the 13-14 range.

I'd also love to see a super hard OMG we're all gonna die, high risk/high reward dungeon that is designed to give fits to groups of level 20's.
I can understand this, as when you hit that final level 20, it feels as if adventuring is pointless, unless you just want to grind stags. But there's a reason why I think these things can always provide some nasty fallout, as evidenced on servers I've played in the past that have done this. The primary reason being that while it might seem high risk at first, it won't remain high risk once people understand it.

As I'm sure the devs have abundantly recognized by this point, a challenge to one group is not a challenge to another group. While it might be challenging to a classic wizard/fighter/cleric party, there also could be a group of 3 Stormlords smashing through the place and accumulating tons and tons of riches.

And then if you try to balance it to a group made up of a bunch of powerbuilds, it becomes nigh impossible for traditional groups, where people just stop inviting along burdensome baggage characters.

The irony in such things is that it just further separates that dichotomy of the polar extremes of Divine War Machines and your traditional combatant roles. To be clear, this isn't a veiled attempt to rally for some sort of equalizing of forces. Hardly.

Simply that every server I've seen this sort of thing created on has just resulted in powerbuild characters farming the crap out of such areas, once they learn how to, and then just amassing even more ridiculous wealth/rewards. If that's genuinely something the staff was going for, cool.

Otherwise, I've found it to be a counterproductive measure.

Old 03-04-2010
Legendary Hero

Phantom Lamb has a brilliant futurePhantom Lamb has a brilliant futurePhantom Lamb has a brilliant futurePhantom Lamb has a brilliant futurePhantom Lamb has a brilliant futurePhantom Lamb has a brilliant futurePhantom Lamb has a brilliant futurePhantom Lamb has a brilliant future
Just so you know GBB, the Shekinessi are available for that same CR range. You'll find them in that lava area of the mountains: Smoldering Burrow, I think it's called.
Old 03-04-2010
Nobility

ParadoxicalAnonymity has a spectacular aura about
Muy intersante.

Old 03-04-2010
Hero

Intrepid42 has a brilliant futureIntrepid42 has a brilliant futureIntrepid42 has a brilliant futureIntrepid42 has a brilliant futureIntrepid42 has a brilliant futureIntrepid42 has a brilliant futureIntrepid42 has a brilliant futureIntrepid42 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadoxicalAnonymity View Post
As I'm sure the devs have abundantly recognized by this point, a challenge to one group is not a challenge to another group. While it might be challenging to a classic wizard/fighter/cleric party, there also could be a group of 3 Stormlords smashing through the place and accumulating tons and tons of riches.
There are some things that help promote balanced parties, as staff will be well aware and use already. High DR doors and traps promote use of rogues (especially randomly spawned unavoidable divine traps... ). Giving the enemies dispelling spells also decreases reliance on buffs to some extent. In my opinion there are always options, but they are not ideal ones. They can increase builder/testing workload a lot, and can also lead to a lot of dissatisfaction from players unhappy with "forced party" play.
Old 03-04-2010
Legendary Hero

roguethree has a brilliant futureroguethree has a brilliant futureroguethree has a brilliant futureroguethree has a brilliant futureroguethree has a brilliant futureroguethree has a brilliant futureroguethree has a brilliant futureroguethree has a brilliant futureroguethree has a brilliant futureroguethree has a brilliant future
I'd like to see areas that take advantage of the climb/balance/jump/etc. skills. Have an interactive object that asks for one of those checks, and passing the check grants you access to an area inaccessible by pc's without those skills.

As far as CR goes...*shrug*...I tend to not make jacked up builds, so wherever I go, I'll be with a party, and therefore, entertained.
Old 03-04-2010
Developer

Saulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguethree View Post
I'd like to see areas that take advantage of the climb/balance/jump/etc. skills. Have an interactive object that asks for one of those checks, and passing the check grants you access to an area inaccessible by pc's without those skills.
It's a massive amount of work, I could have just one person spend months to make that happen.

We just don't have enough volunteers with enough experience at the moment.
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin
Old 03-04-2010
Legendary Hero

DM_Equinox is just really niceDM_Equinox is just really niceDM_Equinox is just really niceDM_Equinox is just really nice
There are a few places aready that invoke such checks. You won't be barred from them, but failing the check certainly hampers progress

Gravity is a myth; Earth just sucks.

>>> Flame Warriors! <<<

Old 03-04-2010
Legendary Hero

roguethree has a brilliant futureroguethree has a brilliant futureroguethree has a brilliant futureroguethree has a brilliant futureroguethree has a brilliant futureroguethree has a brilliant futureroguethree has a brilliant futureroguethree has a brilliant futureroguethree has a brilliant futureroguethree has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulus
It's a massive amount of work, I could have just one person spend months to make that happen.

We just don't have enough volunteers with enough experience at the moment.
I don't doubt it, and my experience is far from unsatisfactory. You guys do good things.
Old 03-04-2010
Legendary Hero

gbbishop is a splendid one to beholdgbbishop is a splendid one to beholdgbbishop is a splendid one to beholdgbbishop is a splendid one to beholdgbbishop is a splendid one to beholdgbbishop is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Lamb View Post
Just so you know GBB, the Shekinessi are available for that same CR range. You'll find them in that lava area of the mountains: Smoldering Burrow, I think it's called.
Was in there once... maybe it's just me but I did not really enjoy that area. I have not been there in the last several months so perhaps it is no onger the way I remember it.

It is, if memory serves, the borrow is on a much smaller scale when compared to Veritas. Which IS, by the way, incredibly fun... if morally gray.

Veritas:

Multiple levels
Increasing difficulty the farther you go.
Multiple mini bosses.
Climactic end.
High Risk High Reward.

All in all a perfect dungeon.

The snakes:

Well...
It's a cave
It is tangled and the challenges were either flaming dung beetles that offered little challenge or a pod of hissing warlocks which DO provided a solid challenge but well there seemed to be too little to gain for the risk in that area.

Perhaps working with that area.. expanding upon it... a subterranean temple perhaps....

While an alternative to fighting Veritas... I certainly do not consider it equal to the storming the Schild.

The undead kind of overlap Veritas as well... or they used to.. have not had much exploration in there since the newcropolis went up. The old one was great with progressive challenge and so on. Another great example of a dungeon imho. It just started at a lower level range (for most) than Veritas.