News   About   FAQ   Statistics   Player Options   Downloads   Gallery   Forums   Donate   Wiki   Staff   Jobs   Links   Contact Us

Go Back   Sundren Forums > Sundren Community > Sundren General Discussion
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sundren General Discussion General Discussion about Sundren.

Subforum: Sundren Custom Content RP Schedule

Welcome to the Sundren Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 06-08-2016
Administrator

Doubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond repute
Mapping Status Update - June

OK, as we've passed the 6 months late barrier I think it's probably helpful if I get to some serious cap wringing.

As you may know it's my remit to get the maps updated to our current setting. Sadly, while I was full of optomism back when I took this responsibility on things haven't worked out as I had hoped, partly this is due to outside factors (I shan't bore you all with the list of hilarious disasters that have befallen our family this year) and another part firmly rests upon my niave brow (I can laugh (and cry) now, but way back in Jan when I was relocating up country I looked at my new roster and thought "Wow, 50% part time. I'll have so much time to start my own business, get to grips with coding and finish off all the Sundren stuff. I mean, all I need to do is look after our 1yr old during my time off, that won't take up much time at all....." Now I consider my working weeks as my rest period, the part time.... *shudder* you can't even go to the toilet alone.)

Ahem, so. Mapping didn't go as planned, it hasn't stopped but it's hardly been running forwards.

However, praise be to the many aspects of sweet roster science I have two weeks of work coming up where my wife and child will be enjoying the sweet beaches of vacation while I'm stuck in Veneto working. Fear not, for this means that I'm aiming to finally, finally get the main maps closed out for the update. This will be followed by a slightly more baby filled block of leave where I should be able to round it out.

So, by the end of July baring any unforseen horror (warning: my wife and me both have parents in hospital at the moment, unrelated life occurrences, but it's supposedly routine stuff) I'll be uploading the maps to the SVN.

Following that, I'll be on a break for a bit and most likely won't have the free hours to do anything. Following September though (after yet another house move) I will return with more time for mapping - The baby goes to pre-school so I will have hours in the day for myself!!!

TLDR:
Major Mapping done by end of July.
Subsequent mapping updates to commence in September.
Babies consume all the life you have, it's how they grow.
Old 06-08-2016
Legendary Hero

Thief Of Navarre is a name known to allThief Of Navarre is a name known to allThief Of Navarre is a name known to allThief Of Navarre is a name known to allThief Of Navarre is a name known to allThief Of Navarre is a name known to all
Kinda glad I don't have kids now.... or a wife, or a house. *cries into his whiskey*

Good to hear your just about managing under all that though
Old 06-08-2016
Nobility

Sparkie has much to be proud ofSparkie has much to be proud ofSparkie has much to be proud ofSparkie has much to be proud ofSparkie has much to be proud ofSparkie has much to be proud ofSparkie has much to be proud ofSparkie has much to be proud of
Yeah, mate, I can appreciate juggling all of this stuff. Though, if anything, it does given more weight to my plan of not reproducing.
Old 06-08-2016
Developer

Saulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond reputeSaulus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief Of Navarre View Post
*cries into his whiskey*
I thought I was the only one that did that...
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin
Old 06-09-2016
Nobility

MyNameIsDave is a jewel in the roughMyNameIsDave is a jewel in the roughMyNameIsDave is a jewel in the rough
Doubtful, I just want to thank you for all the hard work you've been putting into this. It means a lot for this community.
Ronus Stonewall - Dwarven Pathfinder - Drunken Scout of Whurest
Old 06-09-2016
Administrator

Doubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks everyone

Sparkie, Thief - They're life vampires man! I used to go out, have fun, cycle and run lots. Nowadays I consider myself lucky to get 1/2 an hour of half-asleep zombie style sofa time after he's in bed (which lasts for all of an hour, max).

Plus, how the fuck have we survived this long as a species given that babies seem inately drawn to every dangerous thing that's near by. I spend my day following him around and averting horror. Baby, stop chewing coins. Baby, stop poking the dog. Baby, get your fingers out of the plug. Baby, put the knife down. Baby, stop chewing the dog. Baby, get out of the dogs bed. Baby, stop puling the wires. Baby, don't use daddies drill. Baby, stop sucking on the books...
Old 06-09-2016
Legendary Hero

OnyxTigress is a splendid one to beholdOnyxTigress is a splendid one to beholdOnyxTigress is a splendid one to beholdOnyxTigress is a splendid one to beholdOnyxTigress is a splendid one to beholdOnyxTigress is a splendid one to beholdOnyxTigress is a splendid one to behold
Oh just wait. Eventually, they start talking back to you. Also, you've heard of terrible 2's? Oh boy, 3's are so much worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornuto View Post
Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.
Old 06-10-2016
Hero

Farmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant futureFarmboy2003 has a brilliant future
Not to mention that 4 year-olds basically 3 year-olds with more experience.
Old 06-10-2016
Nobility

bipolar bear has a brilliant futurebipolar bear has a brilliant futurebipolar bear has a brilliant futurebipolar bear has a brilliant futurebipolar bear has a brilliant futurebipolar bear has a brilliant futurebipolar bear has a brilliant futurebipolar bear has a brilliant futurebipolar bear has a brilliant future
I sent this to doubt in a PM but its too funny not to shear it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF_nfazQaek
Old 06-10-2016
Nobility

jarlexel is a jewel in the roughjarlexel is a jewel in the roughjarlexel is a jewel in the rough
Too funny bipolar bear. Cheer up Doubtful. it's good, it builds patience and endurance, and God considers long suffering as a fruit of the spirit. *Thumbs up* hang in there. I never had kids but I have a couple of cats, so I can kind of relate.