View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015
Legendary Hero

thaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant futurethaelis has a brilliant future
Re: Magic debate, I think Torgar and me/Kit are arguing from very different perspectives. I don't engage in PvP very often. I find that in PvP whoever gets in the first shot generally wins, whether it's the Wizard with a Bigby's or the Fighter with an attack bonus that greatly exceeds the AC of a buffed Sor/Wiz.

My gripe with magic is that it isn't very useful in a party except for buffing then following along invisibly.

Evocation spells do not in any way shape or form do "solid damage". A meteor swarm does about 84 damage, 42 if they save. If you cast three of them you can kill most of the enemies in an average spawn in Whurest. Don't believe me? Go and test it yourself. Meanwhile, you damage your own party, unless of course you prepared five Energy Immunity spells.

Magic is already fine for soloing, albeit using cheesy spells bugged to give 20 AC higher than they should. Wouldn't removing the cheese from Shapeshift alone more than balance out a small boost to offensive spells?

EDIT: Sorry for derailing!! OP is awesome and of course in all respects praiseworthy! This is my final post, promise

Previous Characters: Altherion Goldleaf, Silverleaf, Lanathas El'thariel