View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015
Legendary Hero

Kasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant futureKasso has a brilliant future
Something that could be done to help evokers and conjurer's out without seeing a gigantic power creep (By like, doubling the damage they do) would be giving a buff to the Spell Focus feats to give +2 DC each instead of +1. This wouldn't offer a buff to hard no-save damage spells like IGMS, but it would offer 10% more consistent numbers for fireballs and a number of the lesser-used evocation spells.

In PvP every class / build has some means of mitigating evokers anyways, be it improved evasion, energy immunity, or just a burly mountain of HP, or some combination of two or even three of the aforementioned.

I do feel like the damage school in terms of /reflex save spells is a little on the weak side right now, but I can also see how over buffing it could turn into a new series of 'win button' scenario's for casters in PvP.

I'm less concerned about how good they are at grinding mobs, there are certainly better classes to contribute to/solo a dungeon run at high levels then a wizard/sorcerer focused around evocation, even with DC or dice buffs.

Formerly
Gabrielle Atkinson - Mage Priest of Torm
Anasath Zesiro - Mulhorandi Morninglord
Kyoko - Tiefling Diviner
Yashedeus - Cyrist Warlock
Aramil - Nutter

GMT -8