View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017
Administrator

Doubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond reputeDoubtful has a reputation beyond repute
Toot toot!

Time for an update.

About Time, you said tomorrow 5 days ago.

Yes, looking back over the last few weeks is a bit frustrating.

On the upside we did what we planned to do and wiped the vault freeing up RP to start anew.

On the downside the wipe wasn't enough and substantially more things needed changing and tweaking before the update could be run than I'd originally budgeted for. As Onyx finely explained the update needs to re-balance a lot of the servers mechanics/items to ensure that equipment and leveling pace is kept constant and enjoyable, while it's something that can certainly be tweaked going forward it does require a clean slate to start with meaning a second wipe will be required once the update takes place. Once that's done then hopefully we'll be free of the need for wipes.

When will then be now?

Soon.

I hope. One problem with the over-run is that we ran face first into the hard, unyielding family holiday wall period of late July/August. This has meant a huge reduction in the available hourage to get things done. While work does continue it's not exactly racing along. Fear not, people are still at work on it.

What people?

Top people.

Well, that's me reassured. How about an estimated release date?

Well, it'd be nice to have things all ready to go by the end of August, but the continuation of the hot summer months of angry, bored children mean that is probably wishful thinking (or maybe not) which means September is the more likely.

Is there anything I can do to help?

Quests and conversations.

Having more of those two things is good for everyone, especially quests.

If I've got more questions or want to chat?

Then reply here, PM me or anyone else in the DEV team or come join Kasso's lovely Discord channel (Follow this here link) and chat to us there.