View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014
Hero

Elusa has much to be proud ofElusa has much to be proud ofElusa has much to be proud ofElusa has much to be proud ofElusa has much to be proud ofElusa has much to be proud ofElusa has much to be proud of
I think it's fine, with the exception of epic levels. I feel that entry into epic levels should require DM approval, because as you said, there are epic level characters that aren't epic, whether by plot or background. There are also characters that are epic, but don't have epic levels because they spent more time RPing.

On the flip side, I can see the argument for leveling being too fast. Leveling should be part of RP, and right now it's not. Rather, leveling is something done so you can act badass when you do RP.

I have a few suggestions: First, bump up the RP exp. 30 exp ticks are a joke when you can go out and kill 3 mobs instead. Second, decrease the bonus exp for defeating mobs that have a higher level than you. The reason I say this is because power-builds, who are often (but not always) RP minimalists, can breeze through levels because their builds are just that broken. Or else they exploit some loophole in the mechanics.