News   About   FAQ   Statistics   Player Options   Downloads   Gallery   Forums   Donate   Wiki   Staff   Jobs   Links   Contact Us

Go Back   Sundren Forums > Projects > Bugs > Bug
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Sundren Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
holy water woes Issue Tools
issueid=1588 12-20-2012 05:11 AM
Legendary Hero
holy water woes
can't cast bless on chem bench

That's it, the chem bench will not receive bless to make the Improved holy water recipe work.
Issue Details
Project Bugs
Category Crafting N/A
Status New
Priority Unknown
Affected Version Unknown
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-20-2012 05:59 AM
Developer

For that note: No recipe requiring a spell to be cast on a workbench other than the Magical Workbench will function.
This is known, and will not likely be seen to until the implementation of the next iteration of crafting system, currently under work by GBX. Please bear with it.
In the mean time, if you require items crafted that are not possible using the current screwed up system, please politely ask a DM when they are online and be prepared to RP the crafting. Or better yet, get together a little event for it! In my experience, those are the most rewarding in all accounts.
01-18-2013 05:49 AM
Legendary Hero

Didn't see any related post in bugs so I posted this.
04-05-2015 09:34 PM
Hero

Can anyone confirm if this is still an issue?
04-06-2015 02:29 AM
Developer

I can confirm not only that this is still an issue, but that there is a second issue at work.

Scientist used: James

Attempted to test making holy water in the Bunker:
when within radius of the Chemist's Bench, was informed that I "Was not close enough to the required object or location to craft this".
Pattern lists that just the Chemist's workbench is required. TLKEdit says it needs both Chemist and Magic benches.

Attempted to make Holy water in Temple of Oghma:
Used within radius of both Chemist Workbench and Magic Workbench.
Opened crafting menu
continued past Alchemy requiremnt
prompted to cast Bless on Chemist workbench.
Used a scroll of Bless on the workbench.
No success:

Can I charge you 29 GP for testing assistance? :-P
04-06-2015 02:46 AM
Developer

Flash-Pellets suffer from the same issue on both counts: the chemists bench ended up with a floaty-ball. Same with Boiling Trollsblood (I presume, not found someone willing to cast Regenerate for someone who had Brew Potion yet); Pattern lists Chemist workbench, .2DA lists both chemist and magic.

Miniature Golem has a latter issue, but lists both benches on the pattern. It asks for Combustion to be cast on the Tinker-bench though, not the magical bench, and thus does not work. Ended up with my having the Temple of Ogmha lit by both fire and light-ball one day.
04-06-2015 10:01 AM
Hero

If you cast the spell on the "other" workbench, does it work?
04-06-2015 11:27 AM
Developer

Negative. As listed in the screenshot, it is only looking for the spell to be cast on the Chemist bench. Casting on the Magic bench results in the spell being calculated and ignored.

I am reasonably sure it could be resolved by reversing the listings of the magic and chemist benches in the 2da, but I can't test that.
04-06-2015 12:46 PM
Hero

Yeah, changing the order is what I was thinking. I'll have to setup a test case in my dev module and see.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue

Sundren - Archive - Top