News   About   FAQ   Statistics   Player Options   Downloads   Gallery   Forums   Donate   Wiki   Staff   Jobs   Links   Contact Us

Go Back   Sundren Forums > Projects > Bugs > Bug
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Sundren Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Paladin abilities don't function Issue Tools
issueid=1958 06-15-2015 01:40 PM
Commoner
Paladin abilities don't function
Bonded items and ally abilities are bunk

I know that the Paladin is a restricted class on the Sundren server: hence this is probably un reported. If I am in error please overlook this post as a duplicate report.

The "bonded ally" and "bonded weapon" P.F. Paladin features do not function in game. Instead, the action is wasted as a failed spell. This is a significant loss of power for the class. Not cool.
Issue Details
Project Bugs
Category Feat/Spell
Status Confirmed
Priority 3
Affected Version Unknown
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-15-2015 02:20 PM
Nobility

>http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.php?title=Paladin

I think this is it.

Quote:
Divine Bond: [NOTE: DIVINE BOND IS UNFINISHED AND CURRENTLY DOES NOT WORK IN GAME] Upon reaching 5th level, a Paladin forms a divine bond with her god. This bond can take one of three forms. Once the form is chosen, it cannot be changed. A Paladin can use this ability once per day at 5th level and one additional time per day for every four levels beyond 5th, to a total of four times per day at 17th level.

Weapon Bond: The Paladin may enhance her weapon as a standard action by calling upon the aid of a celestial spirit for 1 minute per Paladin level. At level 5 and every three levels thereafter, this spirit grants the weapon a +1 enhancement bonus, to a maximum of +6 at level 20. These bonuses can be added as an enhancement to a maximum of +5, or they can be used to add various properties to the weapon.

Armor Bond:As weapon bond, but the Paladin may instead bond the spirit to her armor.

Celestial Bond: The Paladin may summon a celestial spirit to her side for 1 round per paladin level.
06-15-2015 05:44 PM
Commoner

Thank you Mike, Yep, none of those work since June of 2014.
Then I'd say the class needs completion to function as written. Is there an ETA on the completion of the conversion some where on site, or does it stand in limbo as of now? Should we who currently play Paladins plan on ever seeing these class functions work?
06-15-2015 07:01 PM
Hero

Last I heard ETA is not gonna happen. None of them have ever worked since 2012. Lotus said the ETA would be never.
06-16-2015 02:17 PM
Administrator

Unfortunately this is a well known issue and sadly the ETA on this is as Mournas says.

The Dev who had all the scripting planned out is no longer with us, as we've no one on staff who can replace that skillset it's highly unlikely that those features will be completed.

I wouldn't let it put you off though, even without those powers the Paladin is still a stonkingly powerful class.
06-16-2015 03:23 PM
Commoner

Hmn. No I'm not put off or angry, observation though from one recently returned to the server- There seems to be quite a bit of this sort of thing (as in dev./ server abandonment dev./ mapper issues) going on here at Sundren now days. "shrug"
06-16-2015 04:06 PM
Administrator

Abandonment seems a little harsh.

The reality is that NWN2 is an aging game, nearly 9 years old now. The server itself has been around for almost as long, the initial test server coming up very shortly after release.

During that time the player and developer base has expanded and contracted over time and with releases, time and life has moved on. NWN2 doesn't seem to have the staying power of the origional NWN, the community support never reached the same levels and the engine suffers from some very bad flaws (sweet science how nice it would be to have the source code), amongst the modding community almost all of the major creators have moved onto other projects, a lot of them now hang out on the forums for the upcoming Sword Coast game, hoping against the odds for the same world-building scope as NWN used to have. Many others have changed games, setup indie studios, had families or left due to other commitments.

The server hasn't been abandoned, it's still up and running with a core team of dedicated staff who work hard to bring enjoyment and fun to the player base. We may not have the vast pool of people we had back in the beginning, but that doesn't lessen the time and effort of those still committed to the life of the server.

Sometimes it will mean issues remain unresolved or take a long time to fix, I know I don't have the 20 odd hours a week to put into the server as I did when I first took a staff position, but I do what I can when I can. To me, and to many of our players, that is a better situation that truly abandoning the server and shutting it down for good like so many of the other servers have done over recent years.
06-16-2015 05:28 PM
Commoner

I appreciate your candor your efforts and am empathetic toward your feelings but: you are aware that there are several other persistent servers still up and running and thriving having player bases literally in the hundreds right? (BGTSSC for example) I mean- I am not trying to be critical of the server, or rude, I observed the above. It was an honest observation.

There are a lot of things I see that go unfinished, or that need reworking. Thus far I have had trouble with and have reported: Broken quests, unfinished buildings?, buggy npc's, & broken class features. All in less than 50 days.

You don't believe that as a player you would find this phenomenon odd? It wouldn't make you question whether or not the server has been abandoned? Especially when the most you ever see on server is 11 players? You see a dm once per week? It is through your own posts I know Dev.s and Mappers have left, moved on, abandoned the project and left you and the staff at a loss as to the repair it's mechanical failings. I'm working with the info you have shared with me yourself. Why is that offensive?

As a player am I to just ignore these bugs, questions, and problems as I encounter them as to not offend and spare the feelings of Staff members? I was asking for help for the good of the server.

Honestly-I'm trying to help as well by reporting these things. I am not trying to offend you or other members of the staff. Why so defensive when this is a thread made in a section to report in game bugs and request their repair? Is me asking the Staff to fix the server side problems and mechanical failings doing something wrong on my part?

I do not want to make waves, or make life hard for the Staff of Sundren. I am not trying to offend. I came back here to have fun.
06-17-2015 03:21 AM
Administrator

If the server had been abandoned it wouldn't even show up in the listings, let alone still have active staff or players. I am aware of other servers and I am aware that like us their player base is substantially diminished over their glory days, I am also aware of the very many servers that have perished in recent years.

It is not my intention to be provocative or defensive, merely to explain the situation as it is. The server is alive and active and we are doing the best we can with what we have.

We are aware of the non-functional status of these class features as noted in the feat descriptions of each. If a suitably skilled developer joins the staff then these feats will be picked up for completion / fixing.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue

Sundren - Archive - Top