Sundren Forums

Sundren Forums (http://www.sundren.org/forum/index.php)
-   News (http://www.sundren.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   State of the Server (9/24/15) (http://www.sundren.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24426)

Fuzziebunny 10-14-2015 03:18 PM

Will there still be PC nobles and faction/city leaders? I know the mechanical advantages were addressed in a previous post. But, I was rather curious about the RP advantages. I personally think working your way up to positions of power was always one of the more interesting things that Sundren offered.

[DM] Grinning Death 10-14-2015 04:10 PM

There are no plans to get rid of them, currently. But I think you'll want to take stock of the political field before you request to make any.

FoogooFish 10-15-2015 05:27 PM

I was quite pleased to hear that there will be another chapter in Sundren history. :)

zypherman 10-20-2015 12:34 PM

(My apologies if this has been posted somewhere else already) Has there been any indication if Whurst will join the Aquor city faction one the wipe comes?

[DM] Grinning Death 10-20-2015 01:16 PM

We haven't posted any faction details as of yet. Expect one within the next few weeks.

zypherman 10-20-2015 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [DM] Grinning Death (Post 174814)
We haven't posted any faction details as of yet. Expect one within the next few weeks.

Thanks for the update!

Fuzziebunny 10-27-2015 12:19 PM

I actually had a few hours off the other day so I was considering builds and stuff. Are the same classes and races currently restricted going to stay restricted? Will others join the restricted class or race list, will some leave? Is this way to early to be asking?

jarlexel 10-27-2015 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzziebunny (Post 174843)
I actually had a few hours off the other day....

Actually had a few hours off, You poor thing, is why we love our troops :) .

I been working on builds too, what is the blood letting feat it's not a feat selection but a requirement for assassian? I noticed that about other feats too.

Talleyman99 10-28-2015 01:35 AM

Feats like that are in place because classes like assassin have a RP requirement to be one.
Thus that feat can not be taken openly and is given by staff when that requirement is fulfilled

Lotus 10-28-2015 12:35 PM

When we're "done," every prestige class will have an RP feat requirement, most of which will be satisfied by a quest given by the prestige class's "trainer."

All currently restricted races will remain restricted. Paladin, Red Wizard, Thayan Knight, Warlock, Hellfire Warlock, and Dragon Disciple will still require applications to play, consideration of which will be weighted by tenure on the server, disciplinary record, number of such classes currently in play, etc. That is, if you've been around and aren't a negative influence, you're going to get the thing once the bio is nailed down.

Other restricted classes (Doomguide, Dreadmaster, Heartwarder, Horned Harbinger, Hand of Mundus, Ice Fury, Stormlord, Triadic Knight, Shadow Thief) will be unrestricted but have aforementioned quest requirements.

Sword Saint will disappear.

Samurai will be renamed, re-lored, tweaked, and relaunched.

No class as it currently exists will be nerfed. Many classes will be buffed.