Sundren Forums

Sundren Forums (http://www.sundren.org/forum/index.php)
-   News (http://www.sundren.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   State of the Server (9/24/15) (http://www.sundren.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24426)

Requiem 10-03-2015 09:42 PM

The goal is to have epilogues for characters and possibly fold their swan songs into the lore for the next chapter of the server's story. Lotus mentioned previously (and I believe in another thread) that the specifics of this are currently being determined. Obviously characters that were active for a long time and partook in many events/were deeply involved with their factions will be more likely to have something interesting happen in the interim. And while we are all special snowflakes, it will most likely be impossible to give everyone some form of epic closure given the parameters set by the current story and our goals with the next step.

My suggestion is that you pick your favorite character and how you want his/her story to end. We will hammer out the submission process and let you know how to put those chocolatey story nuggets forward for our storymancers to try and fold into the tasty dough we have already crafted for overarching server plot.

Elusa 10-05-2015 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarlexel (Post 174593)
Pickpocket: please get rid of that, met a person who played here six years ago and only for a day due to some jerk stealing her weapons and she could not afford new ones.

Seconding this. It's too easy to abuse. You can still RP sleight of hand plenty well.

OnyxTigress 10-05-2015 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lotus (Post 174599)
We won't have vampire PCs again for the forseeable future. They'll exist as an NPC influence.

I'd say this is a good thing, honestly. Being a vampire was fun and all, but it was really something that caused too much hostility oocly and such.

As for wrapping up the stories of a character we choose, that would be great. When is it you guys would be wanting us to do this?

[DM] Grinning Death 10-05-2015 12:53 PM

As it stands right now, we've mostly determined the faction futures based on how we foresee them acting in response to the server events that have been designed. So, I'd suggest writing out a word/text document and labeling it as such:

faction-forum name-character name.doc

example: "Legion-Peridan-Peridan Twilight.doc"

Then depositing it in this dropbox. We'll go through them, and see about adding the finishes to the future wiki entries and lore. Keep in mind, there won't be anything particularly epic about their ending, and any such endings will need to be approved by staff. If we read it, and it doesn't fit with how we want things to go, we'll send you a PM for you to go back into the document and change it based on our edits on the document within.

Dragor 10-05-2015 01:36 PM

Ooooo this was enough for me to come out of the woodwork and cheer you guys on.

On that note, a bad joke and some nostalgia!

Requiem: I don't remember bards being the ones getting killed so the important people didn't have to when I consistently played.

Redjack: Don't you mean swords wielded by Paladins and/or the entire server all at once?

I should find my CD keys...

Satoshi 10-05-2015 09:45 PM

Obligatory post demanding more elves.

Fuzziebunny 10-05-2015 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [DM] Grinning Death (Post 174624)
As it stands right now, we've mostly determined the faction futures based on how we foresee them acting in response to the server events that have been designed. So, I'd suggest writing out a word/text document and labeling it as such:

It will be a lot of fun to see how everyone comes out in the end. I look forward to reading the history. You guys rock!

Elusa 10-06-2015 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satoshi (Post 174626)
Obligatory post demanding more elves.

I'll possibly be returning with an arcane archer Moon Elf along the lines of the original Elusa from the old days. Just need a new name, new concept, new backstory. Keeping Selūne as the deity though!

[DM] Grinning Death 10-06-2015 07:50 AM

Just as a note, we've killed off all the elves in a terrible fire. Tragic, truly is.

Doubtful 10-06-2015 08:50 AM

Tragic, but that's what comes of living in wooden houses.